2003 Tahoe Exhaust Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieMafia66701

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanting to make sure i am right before i buy a new muffler. I just got 03 tahoe. And i think someone who isnt very smart tried stealing my muffler thinking it was a catalytic converter lol so they started to cut it and i guess when i thought i heard something i spooked them off and they ran when i went outside to look around. So drove to work today and it didnt sound right so when i got home i looked under it to see if the muffler blew a hole in it or something and i seen the start of a cut half way through it. So i just went and got my saw and finished it and took it off. So i am curious what size the stock exhaust just researching ive seen 2.5, 2.75 and i think 3. Just curious what size muffler on the inlet and outlet i may need. Should of measured it when i was working on it but it didnt come to mind till i started browsing mufflers. Just want to make sure i am correct when i buy the muffler. Any help would be great.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanting to make sure i am right before i buy a new muffler. I just got 03 tahoe. And i think someone who isnt very smart tried stealing my muffler thinking it was a catalytic converter lol so they started to cut it and i guess when i thought i heard something i spooked them off and they ran when i went outside to look around. So drove to work today and it didnt sound right so when i got home i looked under it to see if the muffler blew a hole in it or something and i seen the start of a cut half way through it. So i just went and got my saw and finished it and took it off. So i am curious what size the stock exhaust just researching ive seen 2.5, 2.75 and i think 3. Just curious what size muffler on the inlet and outlet i may need. Should of measured it when i was working on it but it didnt come to mind till i started browsing mufflers. Just want to make sure i am correct when i buy the muffler. Any help would be great.
Do you still have the muffler? If so you could measure it?

OP
OP
B

BowtieMafia66701

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i measured it, it is 3. So i should be able to buy a 3 in and 3 out muffler for it and it should work? I am taking it to an exhaust shop as soon as i can get some quotes on some mufflers

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you want stock quiet, get it from RA but if want a little rumble, get a Flow Master muffler. If you are going to a muffler shop anyway, why didn't you just weld up where the original cut was started? Plus, the muffler shop will likely have a stock sound muffler to install. With the catalytic converters, I stick with OE but with mufflers, I can get creative.

OP
OP
B

BowtieMafia66701

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want stock quiet, get it from RA but if want a little rumble, get a Flow Master muffler. If you are going to a muffler shop anyway, why didn't you just weld up where the original cut was started? Plus, the muffler shop will likely have a stock sound muffler to install. With the catalytic converters, I stick with OE but with mufflers, I can get creative.
I dont want stock quite i want a little rumble to it. And i dont know how to weld or have any type of welding equipment or else i would of.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think OR VietVet was suggesting you have the muffler shop weld up the area cut by the thief...

good luck with your choice...

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar