Exhaust options for Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mason313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question buy most the exhaust I find are only for the 4.8 and 5.3 will they work with my 6.0 on my 2004 Denali or do I have to chan something to make them work

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The merge pipe coming off the cats is different on the 6.0 than the 4.8/5.3. Your 6.0 has two pipes, one for each manifold whereas the 4.8/5.3 merge into one pipe right after the cats.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard the Denali is better due to that merge pipe setup. All I did on mine was changed to high-flow cats and a better (louder) muffler and it really woke up. That and a Black Bear tune, that is.

OP
OP
mason313

mason313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the best idea would be to just change the muffler? My cats are gutted

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Find a cat back that bolts up. I went through a muffler swap and they were hard to find. I thought it was 3" so I bought a y pipe and that was too big. So I cut the flanges and welded it all up so I could run a normal single in single out 3" muffler. Sounded good (cherry bomb pro) but droned too much. And it was kinda hacked together. So I found a GMPP (borla) kit on eBay and bolted it on. Install took 10 minutes. Fit and finish was perfect. I will never try to piece together an exhaust again. Just buy a good cat back. You'll save yourself time, and headaches and you can still go back to stock.

Last edited:

wesyder

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question buy most the exhaust I find are only for the 4.8 and 5.3 will they work with my 6.0 on my 2004 Denali or do I have to chan something to make them work
I have a 05 xl, awesome truck 260k miles and still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As in the link above, Magnaflow makes a 3.5" cat-back specifically for Denali/Escalades with the 6.0 (separate mid-pipes). I have it and like it (Magnaflow 15734). Shop around. I think dealer cost is under $400.

If you want to go cheap, then just replace the muffler on the factory set-up with a Jones copy of a Magnaflow muffler. You'll get about 75% of the benefits for 25% of the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask