Exhaust is happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more interested to know what issues prompted the extra trips and visit to a machine shop.
The connection between the headers and the y pipe were not the same as factory. I had to get 60mm m10 nuts and bolts and i tell ya we were just barely able to get them together, it wasnt looking good. We had zinc plated bolts at work so at least they wont rust

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connection between the headers and the y pipe were not the same as factory. I had to get 60mm m10 nuts and bolts and i tell ya we were just barely able to get them together, it wasnt looking good. We had zinc plated bolts at work so at least they wont rust

Ah. Yeah, connecting the rubber-bushed piping to the rigid parts (manifolds/headers) seems to always be the problem areas for aftermarket exhaust systems and a deal-breaker for those not so skilled or equipped. Glad you got it and are happy with it.

Now, on with the pics and vid!

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gasket i got block the holes for the oil dipstick and the spark plug wire hangers. That was a ***** too. Luckily you can dig it out with a razor blade and flat tip screwdriver

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why companies like Pacesetter only offer off-road y- pipes and no option for catalytic converters. Good to hear you overcame.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Video has been made just waiting for it to upload to youtube

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why companies like Pacesetter only offer off-road y- pipes and no option for catalytic converters. Good to hear you overcame.
Im a prototype cnc machinist and my friend that helped me is a mechnical engineer and car nut. We have full access to everything at our company, machines and tools. We can overcome anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts