Evap Code P0449

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruce s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 GMC Yukon SLT. I have had the evap solenoid replaced and a new gas cap installed. I am still getting the P0449 code. What else can I check? So tired of check engine light on and not being able to use the auto-start cause the check engine light is on. I tried clearing the code, but immediately comes back on.
Thanks for any suggestions....

OP
OP
bruce s

bruce s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also smelling fuel on the outside of the vehicle towards the rear.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Which solenoid did you do? There is one under the hood, and one by the tank. Charcoal canister could be bad, and pellets could be clogging the lines.

Have you looked underneath for any gas? Could have a hole in the tank/pump/lines, too, I suppose.

OP
OP
bruce s

bruce s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which solenoid did you do? There is one under the hood, and one by the tank. Charcoal canister could be bad, and pellets could be clogging the lines.

Have you looked underneath for any gas? Could have a hole in the tank/pump/lines, too, I suppose.

Replaced the one at the tank. No fuel leaks on ground.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple answer, vent valve solenoid is malfunctioning, could be as simple as replacing it. I would do both vent and purge solenoids, if that doesn't fix it it will have to be looked at further, such as examining evap line and canister.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you replace the canister vent solenoid, you may have a problem with the 5/8 vent line and also the canister. Since you are smelling fuel most like the line and canister.

OP
OP
bruce s

bruce s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since you replace the canister vent solenoid, you may have a problem with the 5/8 vent line and also the canister. Since you are smelling fuel most like the line and canister.

I'll look further into that, makes sense. Maybe there's a hole in the line or a bad connection.
Thanks

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you put an AC Delco part in there or something from autozone or equivalent?

OP
OP
bruce s

bruce s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you put an AC Delco part in there or something from autozone or equivalent?

I believe they pit a autozone part in. The sucky part is that the guy who owned the business for decades had his cancer get worse and he had to close up and sell the shop so I can't go back to them.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gas smell is likely a line or a bad canister, when my canister died I kept smelling gas after driving a while, and the tank would vent air if I opened the cap. Probably a clogged canister that would build pressure and it coudlnt vent it. I only do ac delco parts for little dumb things such as sensors and solenoid. I dont trust autozone sensors/solenoids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo