Esky off but the display stays on / frozen issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bde269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happy halloween to all, so tonight when we went to a trunk or treat we unloaded and made our way to the start of it. well as we all know someone needed something back at our 11 esv and when i got there the display was still on. has any one had this issue before?? on the way home it locked up and after the nightly chores and the esv being off for 15 to 20 min i made my way back to her and popped the negative off for about 10 min and now she worked fine hopefully it was a fluke but we will see.
thanks for any info

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
happy halloween to all, so tonight when we went to a trunk or treat we unloaded and made our way to the start of it. well as we all know someone needed something back at our 11 esv and when i got there the display was still on. has any one had this issue before?? on the way home it locked up and after the nightly chores and the esv being off for 15 to 20 min i made my way back to her and popped the negative off for about 10 min and now she worked fine hopefully it was a fluke but we will see.
thanks for any info

Which display are we talking about???

The Navigation/stereo or the DIC in the gauge cluster?

SubSonic

Reaction score
My experience is on a 18 Tahoe, but may be relevant. The screen will come back on if you open the passenger door (to get something like you stated) and actually stay on for a while with a backlit black screen. It turns itself off after a few minutes. How long had it remained on for when you came back?

You could always run a test with it parked at the house--open a passenger door, then shut it--then monitor how long it takes to turn off, or see if it doesn't turn off at all.

OP
OP
bde269

bde269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry guys ya its the main Navigation/stereo was on for 20 min straight after we got out of the car. i never seen that before . its been fine so far knock on wood after pulling the neg wire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645