Escalade Platinum RSE Headphones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this stupid money pit I bought (2013 ESV Platinum) did not come with any headphones for the RSE. According to the GM parts catalog, I need digital headphones and they fit 2013-2020. I figured I’d see if I can find some used ones and I’m seeing listings saying they don’t work with the headrest players (wtf is the point of putting them in then?).

Apparently on the K2 Platinums the screens say to use wired headphones but mine say to use channels 3 and 4. I though the digital headphones would work with both. So apparently I need one type of headphone for the overhead players and a different type for the headrest players? Can anyone who may have bought one of these new or got lucky buying a better one than I did and it came with them confirm if this is the case? I found a used set of headphones from a 2010 Platinum and from the pictures they appear to only have a switch on them labeled 3/4.

AmbulanceDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this stupid money pit I bought (2013 ESV Platinum) did not come with any headphones for the RSE. According to the GM parts catalog, I need digital headphones and they fit 2013-2020. I figured I’d see if I can find some used ones and I’m seeing listings saying they don’t work with the headrest players (wtf is the point of putting them in then?).

Apparently on the K2 Platinums the screens say to use wired headphones but mine say to use channels 3 and 4. I though the digital headphones would work with both. So apparently I need one type of headphone for the overhead players and a different type for the headrest players? Can anyone who may have bought one of these new or got lucky buying a better one than I did and it came with them confirm if this is the case? I found a used set of headphones from a 2010 Platinum and from the pictures they appear to only have a switch on them labeled 3/4.
This is definitely digging up the past. But I’m in the same boat. Just got a 2014 Platinum. Mine also just so happens to not have any RSE headphones or remotes for either the head rests or ceiling mounted. Did you ever figure this out? The head rest ones I’ve found are big bucks. Like $300+ for the 2, or discontinued with multiple superseding part numbers.
Kind of lost. Wouldn’t mind spending a little money, as long as it’s once and they will work.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headphones for the headrest DVDs are different from the overhead. I just got lucky finding some on eBay. The headphones for the overhead players showed to be the digital ones per the GM parts catalog but they didn’t work so mine needed the analog ones. I bought two of the Cadillac ones but the kids kept lowering the volume fiddling with them so I found some of the not-fancy looking ones for a Chevy/GMC where the volume knob is much smaller and I’m not as worried about them breaking them. I can get you a part number when I get home, if I don’t forget.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the part number I used for the overhead players: 22863047.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
From an Escalade forum. The key factor is the frequency they operate on. These generic headphones were no longer being sold. Someone pinched them from my truck too. I did find another set that works and they’re almost identical. I don’t have a link, sorry

The newly purchased truck did not have any of it's ir head phones or remote control for the DVD set up. I almost pulled the trigger on ordering a set of four oem headsets and a new remote and remembered that the kids said the OEM GM headsets hurt their ears after a while. We found a fix for that on our Denali. Upgraded earmuffs off Amazon that just slip on the OEM headsets.

I ran into a post that mentioned the oem IR remote control does not work on the Platinum DVD player that has headrest DVD players. Just to help those of you out this is what I found …

edit .. Purchased a set of LearningTech 2 PAck of IR Wireless Two - Channel Foldable Headphone off Amazon $22.99 for two. To aid those in the future, the carriers frequency for the GM roof mounted IR headphones are: Left: 2.3Mhz / Right 2.8Mhz. The frequency of the DVD players in the front headrest mounted units is: Left: 3.2Mhz / right 3.8Mhz.

61I5GKxLzCL._AC_SX679_.jpg

This remote is SPECIFIC to the 2009- 2014 Platinum SWB & ESV. GM P# 22863877 or 25865990 ONLY. I'll assume it's because it not only controls the headrest monitor / DVD players but the roof top IR controls too. I paid $88.37 shipped with a 10% first responder discount from CARiD. It's also on Amazon under part # 22863877 for $85.78 out the door.

71XCkbGhFEL._AC_SY879_.jpg

A quick heads up … DO NOT ORDER GM look-a-like part # 84247879 - 22797471 -19132011. It looks like the Escalade Platinum version but they're specific to the XTS with headrest monitors as well as a few other vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low