Escalade ESV thoughts/questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been a long time since I've been on the forum lurking around.

I've had my 07 yukon for a little over 8 years and she's rolling into 230k.

With two girls, two dogs and who knows what else, I'm interested in moving into an XL/burb/esv.

I've been considering/looking for an 11-14 esv platinum.

I found someone's post calling out the 11 and up have an updated stereo with bluetooth and more capability to start truck from a smartphone app.

I've been looking at the platinum because of the improved leather and the factory led headlamps.

Anyone have one that can chime in? Are the headlamps that much improved over the standard escalade headlights?

Same question on the seats...

Also, do they underbody coat escalades? Seems like I seen a couple that aren't color matched underneath like my yukon is.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@petethepug went from a 2008 xl Denali, to a 2009 Escalade esv platinum. If I’m not mistaken he specifically wanted a platinum edition for the factory LED headlamps. They are quite a bit better. The Tehama leather in the platinum edition ages much better than the standard caddy leather and I love the color. Yes the 2011 and up trucks have better Bluetooth functionality.

OP
OP
D

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did read a bunch of @petethepug post on his esv. I think that's where I picked up the additional info on looking for an '11 & up.

The search continues...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s the skinny on what’s cooking from 07-14 in regard to model year changes. 2011 is also when you get access to the Premium trim with Platinum features. Specifically the Uber cool dual chrome rear exhaust that exit the bumper facia, smoked rear tail & brake lamps, the same Plat 22” rims & the Platinum’s CTS-V like front facia without tow hooks.

The hot ticket was Premium trim w/ adding the factory option of the Platinum’s LED headlamps. Here in Cali they are uncommon in ESV configuration, but definitely the one to get from an investment perspective. They’re one of GM’s best looking vehicles ever produced.

The thing I like most about the LED headlamps is you never have to change the bulbs. Admittedly the standard Escalade HID projector beams are slightly brighter but they don’t match the spread that the 5 LED put out plus 2 more for high beam per side.

3ecefcc06bdbd45981165e325b5b239d.jpg

Here's a perspective from the salesperson point of view. Each brochure is subtlety different as a few new options are added throughout the years ...

2007 ... Power folding second row seats and head curtain airbags optional. If equipped, 2nd Row electric tumble switch in overhead console and B pillar behind 2nd row seat. Escalade 6.2L outfitted to 403 hp. Yukon & Tahoe detuned to 380 hp until 2009 when L9H & flex fuel introduced.

2008 ... GM RENAMES AutoRide to MRC (Magnetic Ride Control), LED Headlamps available Late in 08 Platinum models, Side curtain airbags for all outboard passengers standard. 3rd row seats no longer have ratchet feature for locking down infant / toddler car seats after 08. First year for 2nd row bench seat. Production of vehicles at Janesville, WI ends due to plant closure.

2009 ... Last year for Yellow & Red 3 LED indicators on interior of Passenger Side D Pillar. First Year BT, Electric tilt steering wheel, Tilt headrest gone except vehicles with DVD player headrest optioned / Platinum, Flex Fuel (L9H Motor in, L92 out) added. Yukon / Tahoe now optioned for cooled seats.
The Cadillac Escalade Platinum: The World's First Luxury SUV With Magnetic Ride Control (gm.com)

2010 ... Escalade no longer equipped with rain sensing wipers. Last year for DVD based SuperNav w/ 6 CD / DVD changer & tilting screen, 2nd Row Auto Seat Tumble button removed from overhead console, First year with USB connection in storage box & Active Fuel Management (L94 / AFM), First year GM added a steering wheel lock and tempered d/s & p/s front window glass for theft protection, OnStar contracts w/ LG and AT&T to update the VCIM ...Escalade Family

2011 ... First year for CF card based SuperNav. Gone are the 6 CD / DVD changer & tilting screen. XM Traffic available. 2nd row headrests larger and adjustable again. OnStar updates the VCIM to communicate vehicle diagnostics and status and remote start commands through phone App and offers three years complimentary service. Escalade Family

2012 ... Hill Start Assist Added (HSA), Guiding Lines added on back up camera. XM Weather available. Escalade Family

2013 ... Last year for the hybrid. Escalade Family

2014 ... Cadillac Pressroom - United States - Escalade

2015 ... New Platinum Collection, Added Features Elevate Escalade Craftsmanship and Technology

2016 ... Cadillac Pressroom - United States - Escalade

2017 ... 2017-Cadillac-XT5

2018 ... Cadillac Pressroom - United States - Escalade

2019 ... Style and Substance: Meet the 2019 Cadillac Escalade

2020 ... Nothing really available ???

2021 ... The Iconic 2021 Cadillac Escalade Arrives in the Middle East Setting New Benchmarks for Luxury SUVs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't worry too much about the radio because any year GMT-900 has been outdated for years. 10+ add the USB port so you can at least play music from your phone but I wouldn't expect to control the phone through the radio (hell my 2016 SS won't even control the phone) and the navigation will be very outdated. The radio is the only negative I have for the Escalade because faceplate options look really terrible if you wanted to do an aftermarket radio the where it can at least look decent in a Tahoe or Yukon. The benefits for the Escalade still outweigh a Denali in my opinion. I have a feeling I will eventually need to a long wheel base as well (the wife keeps saying no LWB) and I will definitely get another Escalade to replace the Yukon if I do. One thing to comment on the leather, the brown leather is real leather and if it wasn't taken care of it will likely be in pretty bad shape just like any Ford King Ranch. The black interior in the Platinum doesn't seem to suffer that fate for whatever reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada