Engine turns over but won't start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the ecm was out not the whole harness but that’s what I thought was wrong first so I reseated it at least 3 times already
was the battery disconnected when you did that? is the security light on or flashing? in the instrument cluster? it should come on solid for a few seconds when you turn the key to accessory and then go out

OP
OP
T

Timee

Reaction score
was the battery disconnected when you did that? is the security light on or flashing? in the instrument cluster? it should come on solid for a few seconds when you turn the key to accessory and then go out
just resat the ecm with the battery off and still nothing and security light comes on for a few seconds and goes away after

OP
OP
T

Timee

Reaction score
it’s also saying engine hot AC off and service battery charging system now also reduced engine power

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s also saying engine hot AC off and service battery charging system now also reduced engine power
I would go grab some crc electronic cleaner and spray that ecm connection on both sides let it dry a few minutes and reconnect.
if everything was fine before then it is likely a poor connection somewhere.
any chance a critter chewed on some wires?

OP
OP
T

Timee

Reaction score
I would go grab some crc electronic cleaner and spray that ecm connection on both sides let it dry a few minutes and reconnect.
if everything was fine before then it is likely a poor connection somewhere.
any chance a critter chewed on some wires?
Will do and I don’t see any wires or anything messed with but I don’t see any nest or anything in the engine bay.

OP
OP
T

Timee

Reaction score
make sure the battery is good too, low voltage makes these vehicles do all kinds of funky things
Had I guy come check it battery is fine he thinks it’s the fuel pump. My postman was putting in mail and he heard it crank he says he thinks it’s the fuel pump also lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had I guy come check it battery is fine he thinks it’s the fuel pump. My postman was putting in mail and he heard it crank he says he thinks it’s the fuel pump also lol.
well a cheapy fuel pressure tester is $25-30 at harbor freight or most auto parts stores.
should be 50-65psi key on run, engine off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne