Engine runs cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is what I am thinking about something that has to be wired in when adding fans to a fan clutch truck?

The fan harness, relays, and a connection to the PCM. Non OE conversions need to have the PCM tuned to turn the fans on. The OP's is a 2005 so it comes that way from the factory.

Tahoe Fan Harness.jpg

Last edited:

Breadman03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, so a c-clamp adjusted (and double zip-tied in) so there is just a little flow into the reservoir had a quick warm up and kept temps between 186 and 205 on a road test. Thanks for the assist!

Now to work on the fans. Oh, and the dash gauge just died I expected a good bit of wrenching, so no biggie. Finding Something with minimal rust was a greater concern for me.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unplug the coolant temp sensor, both fans should default to on at full speed all the time when the key is to run. if they do come on, all your relays and harness are working fine. replace the temp sensor.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so a c-clamp adjusted (and double zip-tied in) so there is just a little flow into the reservoir had a quick warm up and kept temps between 186 and 205 on a road test. Thanks for the assist!

Now to work on the fans. Oh, and the dash gauge just died I expected a good bit of wrenching, so no biggie. Finding Something with minimal rust was a greater concern for me.
Ok so it seems the restriction needs replaced. Don't know if you have access to one, but I used a .45acp casing with the primer removed on multiple Silverado. Just slid it into the hose and hose clamped in place.

Breadman03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so it seems the restriction needs replaced. Don't know if you have access to one, but I used a .45acp casing with the primer removed on multiple Silverado. Just slid it into the hose and hose clamped in place.
That’s great! I know I’ve got 9, 10, .40, .454, .45 Colt, .308, and 5.56. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the temp sensor advice, I confirmed no power to the fans and tested the relays. All three were bad with open circuits across the coil connections. $60 at Autozone and we’ve got working fans and A/C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019