Engine build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Price32

Reaction score
Dropping the denali off tomorrow for a completely built tranny with a 2500 stall, then it's going to get the engine completely rebuilt. The lq4 block is gonna be bored 30 over with forged flat top pistons, rings, ported and milled 317 stock heads, hardened rods, lifters, springs, rockers, and a well mannered custom grind comp cam. Anyone have any idea what I should expect as far as hp on this build? The person building it says about 430 to 450. Just want to know if there is anything lease I should have done while the engine is apart.

OP
OP
Price32

Price32

Reaction score
The stock lq4 puts out 325 I believe. I already have a custom tune, long tubes, efans. These extra mods will only make an extra 25 to 50 hp? What would you do differently then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Price32

Price32

Reaction score
So what are some reasonable things I could add to increase the hp to the wheels? Any suggestions would help, I'm a newbie tryin to find his way. Haha

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOST!! Turbo, supercharger, procharger, or put it on the bottle.

Really that amount of power paired with a higher stall should be pretty stout on the street.
You could also look into a steeper set of gears to help get the weight moving.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mite come close to 400 bhp without using forced induction
hey if you really want crazy HP run some nitromethane in that ***** that would probably double your horsepower
assuming you didnt blow yourself up in the process

Last edited:
OP
OP
Price32

Price32

Reaction score
So I'm picking up that 350 to the wheels is bad ass then. I have it in a few weeks and will update once it's back. Thank for the input.

OP
OP
Price32

Price32

Reaction score
Last question on this. They are gonna put a 2500 torque converter in. Will that affect my daily driving by making the car more sluggish around town? Will I be running higher rpm sat cruise speeds? And will I lose responsiveness on any acceleration under 2500 rpms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts