Engage starter, radio shuts off for a split second??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It did it once yesterday, once today.... I turn ignition to start, and starts up fine....
But I notice, during the 'start', the radio looses power for a split second then stays on. ( I don't know what else shuts off also - yet)
Battery shows a good charge, no other issue - yet?

Any suggestions??? 2005 Yukon 5.3

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio on, while starting as usual, but this is a bit different.. The radio clock changes time, as if power is disconnected.
Ahh, I thought you meant the usual radio goes off while cranking. Not actually losing power. Got it now. Yep, as Fless said, load test and check all your cables, grounds, connections, etc.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks..... even though my battery is 6 months old, and cables have been checked before, ..It is a "vehicle" and things do change......I will check again.
A few months ago, I bought an ignition module due to a previous concern. ( I wonder if this is a concern ?) Starting has been fine....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pull both cables at battery and check/clean and reinstall and then go to ends of cables and do the same. Will likely fix concern. If not, sell it and get another.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull both cables at battery and check/clean and reinstall and then go to ends of cables and do the same. Will likely fix concern. If not, sell it and get another.
I tightened the battery negative.... It wasn't loose, but it wasn't REALLY completely tight.
I think it's resolved...... I think......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st