electric pressure washers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Anyone out there messed around with these pressure washers? They seem pretty nifty but the reviews are so mixed i can simply not make up my mind. I really could use something like this to help get the grime and mud off my rig after a day of mudding or some other outback adventure.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one, it's a Husky from home depot and of course it's not as powerful as the engine models out but for me it does the job.
Mine is rated to put out I think 1600psi and it was enough to wash my aluminum siding on my house which was pretty bad. I never used in on my truck but I have used it to clean my stock wheels and in the wheel wells.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Kartcher or something among that line, 1200 psi.....its okay for everything but the tires and wheel wells

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Kartcher or something among that line, 1200 psi.....its okay for everything but the tires and wheel wells

My dad has one of those, they work killer for smaller stuff, they have good pressure but not too much to damage most things like the bigger gas powered one he also has!!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
electric ones are useless, rent or buy a gas one. Otherwise just stick to the garden hose on its own. I have an awesome 5 hp honda one, its the best investment I ever made. If I haul a load a dirt or mulch or get mud on one of the trucks. Just wip it out, pull the starter cord and away we go, Its also awesome with my foam gun, works even better than the self serve at the gas station.

I also love it as it cleans the mold that grows on the front porch and steps, as well as the side of the house.

Last edited:

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
We have a hot water pressure washer at our shop for washing down the semis....it's badass. My brother peeled pain off his frame of his F250 and repainted it........stripped a hood down to bare metal for a guy, these pressure washers are the shit....just gotta be careful lol, don't want to get close to something that you don't want to come off the ride lol

maniacmurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a Karcher from WalMart, Sam's, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc... It works great as long as you don't get too close or use the swirl nozzle on your ride. I have cleaned my '08 Chevy Silverado numerous times with it and no worries, just don't get real close, about 3-4' away is ideal, but you will still need to do a good hand wash then spray off with the pressure washer afterwards. My .2 cents....

Rob @ GGD

Reaction score
I personally wouldnt waste your tie with an electric one

agreed... my business ate 4 last year alone. unless of course you opt for something that is commercial grade... but then you are in the $1k to $7k range. I dread the thought right now... :emotions122:

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the electric ones re good, i use it to wash my always mud covered yamaha rhino, and it does a good job and it only cost me like 150$, they are nice, easy to move around, dont need gas like the other ones, dont get me wrong i have a gas powered one also and it will tear stuff up it so powerful!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n