Electric Cooling Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironrickbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how do the wires to the pig tail look? any cracks or bare wire showing? worst case you leave it unplugged and just have the fans on full time.
Pigtail looks good .. wires ok .. but w wires unplugged I have no temp guage.

ironrickbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What exactly is your problem? You said if you unplug the temp sensor the fans come on. Is your truck overheating or is the ac not working right or what? The temps that the fans are set to come on are in the tune. Stock is 190 I believe? And any time the ac compressor is on the fans are supposed to be on.
My exact problem is the fans never come on without the ac on , except w the sensor unplugged ... it over heats pulling my trailer .. owned it for 8 months ... pulled trailer 5 times 130 miles there ... 82° ambient Temps and truck runs a little hot up hills

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
My exact problem is the fans never come on without the ac on , except w the sensor unplugged ... it over heats pulling my trailer .. owned it for 8 months ... pulled trailer 5 times 130 miles there ... 82° ambient Temps and truck runs a little hot up hills
Get the fans tuned to turn on at lower temperatures. It's the best mod by far for someone that tows.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
you would need to buy a hpt or efi live tuner. i think both would run ya about 400 with credits to unlock the pcm.
Yes, but not cheap.

If you buy HP tuners you also have to learn the software to get the job done.

You are better off letting the pros do it.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but not cheap.

If you buy HP tuners you also have to learn the software to get the job done.

You are better off letting the pros do it.
changing the fan settings is hardly tuning. a child could do it. that easy. its a nice tool to have your box tho. ive got one. used it on every car/truck ive owned over the last 10 years, as well as friends cars and work trucks.

ironrickbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The gauge on the cluster is notoriously inaccurate. From what I gathered when researching parameters for tuning my PCM when doing this swap on my 2004, the factory has low speed fan turn-on at 226* which seems way high. I set mine at 205* and have only had them come on once one the 3 or 4 drives since install.

Do they come on when you turn the A/C on?
Where do I find a machine to research my cooling fan parameters... 225 ° is way outa reach .... can you help w this ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do I find a machine to research my cooling fan parameters... 225 ° is way outa reach .... can you help w this ?
HP Tuners like mentioned. I have it and in fact bought it just to change one parameter with my Performabuilt transmission that was causing it to go into limp mode. I’m average in the tech area ( I’m 64 so it’s expected) and I had no trouble figuring out HPT, copied my Blackbear Performance tune from my truck, transferred it to a laptop, looked up that function which was to throw a code or not throw a code for a 2-3 solenoid failure. My trans didn’t even use that solenoid according to my trans builder so I just told the tune to ignore that fault. I downloaded the new tune in my truck and my transmission was fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar