Electric Cooling Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you know which wire is the ground that needs to go to the PCM, that would be your relay ground to run through the switch.
Ok thanks, then I just need to ground the switch and I should be good?

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you're controlling the relay. It takes the current, not the switch. Think about it, could the ECM circuit handle that current? Nope. Hence the relays.
That's true, thanks for the lesson in electrical haha. I really know nothing about electrical lol.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you really need two relays, one for each fan, pretty sure i mentioned this in a earlier post. you can power both relays from one switch and with one split power supply lead to the relays.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you really need two relays, one for each fan, pretty sure i mentioned this in a earlier post. you can power both relays from one switch and with one split power supply lead to the relays.
The stock fan wiring has 3 relays, which is what I'm doing. All I'm doing is manually cutting or giving the circuit ground which is exactly what the PCM used to do at one point.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured out the correct spots for all the wires and theyre all wired up! They work great.
So this must mean you’re not getting a signal from the PCM to turn the fans on. I know you can buy a used one programmed to your VIN on eBay or similar so you could go that route since it looks like it’s not turned on in your tune. I wonder if the previous owner swapped in a used PCM from an earlier year that didn’t have that pin turned on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14