Electric Cooling Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironrickbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have you tested the fans? nevermind I see that now
have you checked fan harness? if there is voltage at the relay and the fans work with 12v applied then there has to be a break somewhere in between.
Hi there I've got the same problem only mine electric fans work when the AC is on .... new relays ... you said some thing about the temp sensor being 2 sided ...and if I unplug it , the fans should come on ...
Cross yo fingers ...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there I've got the same problem only mine electric fans work when the AC is on .... new relays ... you said some thing about the temp sensor being 2 sided ...and if I unplug it , the fans should come on ...
Cross yo fingers ...
wasn't me, must have been someone else. I remember someone mentioning the temp sensor at the engine block having 2 outputs (i think)

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cross yo fingers ...
likely me said that......if the fans come on ect unplugged. all the wiring works as it should. sensor maybe bad.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the new sensor in ..... nothing ... I'm at wits end .... so tired of this
What exactly is your problem? You said if you unplug the temp sensor the fans come on. Is your truck overheating or is the ac not working right or what? The temps that the fans are set to come on are in the tune. Stock is 190 I believe? And any time the ac compressor is on the fans are supposed to be on.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the new sensor in ..... nothing ... I'm at wits end .... so tired of this
how do the wires to the pig tail look? any cracks or bare wire showing? worst case you leave it unplugged and just have the fans on full time.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly is your problem? You said if you unplug the temp sensor the fans come on. Is your truck overheating or is the ac not working right or what? The temps that the fans are set to come on are in the tune. Stock is 190 I believe? And any time the ac compressor is on the fans are supposed to be on.
Stock 05+ fan settings are quite high, so high that if the cooling system is in good shape, they might not turn on under normal driving and decent ambient temps with AC off.

[1694986982374.png

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory '05+ fan settings are quite high, so high that if the cooling system is in good shape, they might not turn on under normal driving and decent ambient temps with AC off.
When I converted from one mech fan to two electrical fans, I implemented the following settings:
Fan1 ON @ 219F (OE, minus 7F)
Fan1 Off @ 212F (OE, minus 7F)
Fan1 ON Temp AC ON 284F ? how does this make any sense? does anyone know what this does?
Fan1 Enable AC pressure 215psi (OE, minus 5psi)
Fan1 Disable AC pressure 150 psi (OE, leave it alone)
Fan1 Enable Delay 0.30sec (OE, leave it alone)
Fan1 Disable Delay 0.20sec (OE, leave it alone)
Fan1 Minimum Time 75.0sec (OE, minus 15sec)

Fan2 ON @ 226F (OE, minus 9F)
Fan2 Off @ 218F (OE, minus 9F)
Fan2 Enable AC pressure 305psi (OE, minus 5psi)
Fan2 Disable AC pressure 230psi (OE, leave it alone)
Fan2 Enable Delay 0.20sec (OE, leave it alone)
Fan2 Disable Delay 0.30sec (OE, leave it alone)
Fan2 Minimum Time 195.0sec (OE, minus 15sec)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar