eBay LED taillights much cheaper, any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenric

Reaction score
While I was looking for those G5 LED taillights from another thread, I found these similar ones on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-SUBUR...135&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=4&sd=390592056048&

Anybody bought these? They are only about $125 so I would be very worried that they would be junk.

They do claim to be using something called Phillips LumiLEDs, which sounds good in that Phillips is a respected manufacturer of LEDs....but not sure that would equate to quality taillights.

Thanks

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are not Gen4 or Gen5 lights.

Look up seller Revotec on Egay.

A lot here have bought from him and he has been very helpful with returns.

OP
OP
K

Kenric

Reaction score
Thanks, I will look him up.

Now, what does it mean, Gen 4 or Gen 5 lights?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Ok, I have been looking around.

Revotec seems to have G5s for about $330 and G4s for about $180.

I have also googled and searched thes forums ans still don't understand the difference between G4s, G5s, and the ones that I originally link.

Also, while far from performing an exhaustive search, so far it seems that the terminology "Gx" only seems to apply to taillights for Yukons and Tahoes and such.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G5 is an escalade replica tail lamp designed to work on a Tahoe/Yukon, G4 is just an LED replacement lamp for a Tahoe/Yukon, etc.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G4:

301c1f0a.jpg

G5:

4722b12d.jpg

The G4s are rounded at the edge and line up with your existing appliqués right above them. The G5s have a square/pleated edge and require the Escalade appliqués to line up correctly.

Also they light up in a different way.

OP
OP
K

Kenric

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks much.

Looks like want G4 s then.

One more thing I am unclear on then. I've looked through several posts but haven't seemed to find a definitive answer to if I will need to add resistors. At this point I would probably buy then from Revotec based on the recommendations.

Also, Serge, in that first picture of the white Denali with the G4s, you have a 3rd brake light that goes all the way across. Is that an Esky light or an aftermarket light.

I think I read somewhere where you had someone modify it with functional LEDs all the way across, but I don't remember if it was an OEM Esky part.

Thanks again!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it's an OEM Escalade lamp/spoiler modified to light up all the way across.

All these G4/G5 tails come with built in resistors so you won't need to add any.

OP
OP
K

Kenric

Reaction score
Thanks Serge.

In looking at eBay getting ready to place an order I have come up with another question.

What the heck is a barn door relative to Tahoe/Yukons?

And one more thing....requesting opinions....My Denali is Red Tint Coat...

I know I don't want smoked, and was just about to buy regular red lens lights when I noticed these clear lens ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-10...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d35689a23

Since I will want to put an Esky style 3rd light on at some point and that lens will probably be red, I am thinking I want to stick with red lenses.....but not positive. These chrome/clear lights would match the front better.....if that matters.

Thanks again.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a clear/chrome OEM Escalade lamp that matches those tails (GM PN 19172250), I just don't think that's a particularly attractive look on a truck your color.

There's also the OEM grey/smoked version of those tails and 3rd like I have stock on my Escalade Premium ... here's premium your color with the grey ones: http://www.zibe.com/photos-new-2013-cadillac-escalade-awd_4dr_premium_suv-8526555.html?pid=16

I'd stick with the red if I were in your shoes, grey as a second choice, but obviously it's what you prefer. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere