Heavy duty OEM rear brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildchev67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have gathered parts for the PPV front brake swap for my 24' Yukon Denali. Looking at the manual for rear brakes, heavy duty is a listed option as well.

Anybody have any input, if swapping those rear brake components will make much improvement in braking? heavy duty part numbers listed below.
From what I can find for info, the calipers have the same size piston as standard, and the rotor is same size as the standard brakes. The heavy duty rear pads are spendy, maybe they are Brembo pads like the front?

Left Rear Caliper heavy duty - 85539312
Right Rear Caliper heavy duty - 85539313
Rear heavy duty rotor - 84582015
Rear Brake pad heavy duty - 85537461

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't help, but I'll be interested in watching this thread and seeing your feedback on the swap.

In the meantime, do the front PPV components LOOK the same as the non-PPV set up? If not, what are the obvious differences?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Police brake pads, typically, have more metal in them, and a higher coefficient of friction,
meaning, they bite the rotor harder / wear rotor away faster in exchange for more stopping power.

OP
OP
W

wildchev67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finished my 2024 Yukon front brake swap to PPV 3 days ago. All OEM parts, the front GM pads say Brembo on them. I did call a couple of GM parts counters asking about the rear caliper differences, not much luck. After doing the front brake swap, I do not feel the need to improve brakes any further.
I would agree with the previous post, these pads seem to grip better. On my 2011 I swapped with Power Stop rotors and pads, they seem less grippy, also less dust. Although, quite the difference in brake boosting technologies between the two vehicles, so hard to compare equally.

In the last month, I have swapped my 2011 Escalade and 2024 Yukon to PPV front brakes, very happy with both. I posted my complete parts list used on other threads, but it nice that the swaps are fairly easy.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, different calipers and rotors up front? Or just Brembo pads in the stock calipers? Or...?

Any pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick