Easy HID retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eagle Eyes may not need baking, but OEM's sure do. Mine are sealed TIGHT.

I was looking to separate mine and do some work on the shield, inside.

I'm not real excited about doing HID. I'm just curious about the condition of my reflector bowls.

Does anyone make, just, a replacement lens?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I ordered my plates from Ri22o (Nick) and I must say there awesome quality. He gave me good info on ordering them and when they were shipped. Arrived within a few days or receiving payment. I would recommend him to anybody on the forum that wants to do a retrofit. This is possibly the easiest retro you could do! I have done some that take weeks to complete and this only takes a few hours. Its a must do for anybody who wants good projectors and HIDs. I will post up a write up when I put all mine together. I expect to work on them sometime in the next couple months.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I would totally do this if I could afford it right now. I'd have to get new headlights to start with, too, though, along with everything else. My current retro is pretty much permanent (JB Weld and Bondo'd together), so I'd have to start from scratch.

I would recommend going this route over mine, though, especially since you get the bi-xenon functionality.

willardxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did this over the weekend. Worked great. Nick was great in getting the adapters out quickly. I found I had to shim the bottom of the adapter plate so I could adjust it higher (i used 5 #8 washers, 3 levels it to the little studs where the projector glass screws to the housing and then 2 to adjust them up. that seem to be perfect. 6 made it to high in the housing.
I am not thrilled with the light output on low compared to my wife's LR3, so I ordered the XB35 bulbs. They are suppose to be brighter. I get them tomorrow so we will see.
Aside from that the cut off is great and dead easy to install. I used my original headlights and everything came apart ok. I did not need to bake them.

I did originally buy some eagle eye ones and returned one and threw the other one out as it got destroyed during the baking process to soften up the industrial sealant. the sealant around the light melted and the one holding the projector did not budge. so if you can get the original lights, they com apart great.

willardxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i got the XB35 bulbs. What a difference they are at least 35% brighter if not more. I can the light shining on the road in the daylight. It is not very bright in the daylight, but you can see it.

Ri22o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did this over the weekend. Worked great. Nick was great in getting the adapters out quickly. I found I had to shim the bottom of the adapter plate so I could adjust it higher (i used 5 #8 washers, 3 levels it to the little studs where the projector glass screws to the housing and then 2 to adjust them up. that seem to be perfect. 6 made it to high in the housing.
I am not thrilled with the light output on low compared to my wife's LR3, so I ordered the XB35 bulbs. They are suppose to be brighter. I get them tomorrow so we will see.
Aside from that the cut off is great and dead easy to install. I used my original headlights and everything came apart ok. I did not need to bake them.

I did originally buy some eagle eye ones and returned one and threw the other one out as it got destroyed during the baking process to soften up the industrial sealant. the sealant around the light melted and the one holding the projector did not budge. so if you can get the original lights, they com apart great.
I actually had to shim one of mine too, but I used a nut instead of a stack of washers. I only had to do one light though, which I found odd.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of MMH1's and H1 XB35 H1 bulbs and Nick shipped the plates yesterday. I want the bixenon functionality to work with the H1's. I already have a DDM harness for my HIDs in my denali projectors but its not installed. Do I need a bixenon harness? Where can I get one?

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024