DVD Navi Monitor question.......again.....help.....please.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. Yes I searched.
2. Yes I read it.
3. When I thought I'd read it all. I tried to fix it.
4. Then repeated 1-3 again.

Now I can't figure it out and I'm gonna set this thing on fire.....

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali with a DVD/Navi factory unit. It had a factory overhead rear monitor. Not anymore. Stolen. Now I've got a aftermarket flip down (no built-in dvd) monitor. I've tried to wire it in so many times that I'm to the point on blowing the damn thing up, literally.

I wired the video RCA for the monitor into the pins

From the head unit
16-Pin Connector C3:
7 D-GN 6975 DVD Video Signal (+)
15 WH/BK 5335 DVD Video Signal (-)

and nothing worked. Blank screen. I checked continuity from these wires and they show a direct connection to the rear auxiliary inputs between the two front seats which leads me to believe that this may be wired wrong. But if it is, then what the hell wires are the RIGHT ONES!!?!?!

Help me......before I burn it.....

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha don't burn it! Have you considered saving for a factory overhead like what you used to have? It would be pre-wired.

OP
OP
D

Daniel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not really. No point in buying something I already have. Plus its a 16 in monitor so it'll put the teeny tiny OEM one to shame. Thanks though.

OP
OP
D

Daniel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone wired a monitor into a NNBS yet?

Am I at least using the correct wires? Any help??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019