Dummy needs some info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmeachem

Reaction score
So it seems alot of people are enjoying the performance gains of lt headers i would like to know a couple of things

1. Will i be able to keep cats because i don't want any problems when getting the truck inspected

2. Will i be able to keep o2 sensors

3. Do i need a tune because i am on a super slim budget

4. Which can i buy without any (ZERO) fitment issues

Thanks

-Mike

DaUsedMCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i know:

1. If you live in CA, (not sure about other states) having LT's will fail you on a visual inspection. I have them cuz i know a guy who doesnt care for a little extra $$$.

2. With most LT's i believe the rear (downstream) o2 sensors are removed and you will have a CEL without a tune to get rid of the "error"

3. like i said with 2, you will don't need a tune, but to get rid of the CEL and get more potential out of them, you should get one.

4. most header stories i've heard have at least minor fitment issues, and thats for any vehicle. i know i had some, but i think the gains were worth the headache, especially after the BB tune.

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
I live in NJ do you have any idea how the laws are

Tried to look it up all i found is that they are starting to sniff exhaust so cats will be needed just to be safe

1. Is there any way i can keep the cats intact

2. Do o2 simulators work and will they prevent CEL

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
The cats on the truck wont work and do o2 simulators work?

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
When I got my tune the check engine lights disappeared, but without cats you will basically fail in Nj. I am due this month for inspection so I am probably going to be looking for a local shop that will do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget