Dropped the wife's ESV some more from 2/3 to 4/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

langsbr

Reaction score
Finally dropped the wife's Escalade to 4/6 from 2/3. Originally had drop shocks in the front, and belltech springs and shocks in the rear with belltech shock extenders.

Just got Tony to set me up for a 4/6 - added belltech front spindles for another 2IN drop, his 6IN rear springs and the DJM hardware kit with trailing arm relocators, shock extenders, and endlinks. Also got the Spohn panhard bar. Went ahead and added DJM sway bars while I was at it.

Truck looks sooo much better. Should have gone this low from the start. I haven't been able to see how it handles much as I still need to trim the fenderwell liners where it's rubbing.

Tires are 305/40/22s
eskyside.jpg eskyfront.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe cuz of the lip and the big tires but the wheels look small for 22s :) I like the stance. Been contemplating more low myself

OP
OP
L

langsbr

Reaction score
Looks awesome
How's the rubbing?

The driver's side rear rubs the worst - but it rubbed at 2/3. I need to trim the fenderwell liners all around just so it doesn't eat them up.

Maybe cuz of the lip and the big tires but the wheels look small for 22s :) I like the stance. Been contemplating more low myself

Yeah, I love the stance, but I do wish I had gone with 24s from the get-go. I stayed with 22s to keep the stock tires, but I ended up buying new tires within a month of getting the wheels! Live and learn.

I think the short SUVs look fine on a 2/3, but the ESV looks SO much better this low. I'm just glad she is happy with how it rides. Yes it's a Caddy, but it is still a truck. :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome!! The long bodies just wear that stance so well.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a good looking set of wheels with the right backspacing and your set.

OP
OP
L

langsbr

Reaction score
I trimmed the rear fenderwell liners and got rid of the rubbing back there. The front still rubs a bit every now and then, and of course on full lock. Looks like I'll have to do the fenderwell mod to get a little clearance there. Nothing I can't live with. The sway bars really make a difference too.