Drl ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megafast13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, Can you confirm what is the daytime running light on a 2008 GMC Yukon? I installed aftermarket projector headlights that have LED's and I want to wire switchbacks as the DRL, but need to know what wire to tap into. It's really odd, but the low beams only seem to act as DRL right now and I don't want my HID's to be on 24-7

Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but the low beams only seem to act as DRL right now and I don't want my HID's to be on 24-7

Thanks

That's how the Yukon works. You'll have to get in to some semi-custom wiring/splicing to change that.

OP
OP
M

Megafast13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay thanks, no problem there. I removed the DRL fuses for the time being. I swear I always see the yukon's with the parking lights (amber) as the DRL's, but I'll just wire my own to the ignition.

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did this on my GTO, and i'm looking at the Yukon now. the main issue is that the DRL power, as it routes from the relay to the actual line to the headlamps, never leaves the underhood fuse block, so tapping into it will be tricky. when i did my car, i actually went into the back side of the fuse block to do this, but that was my car, not my wife's daily driver. i'll post a "how i did it" if i deem that it's doable.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a fuse tap at the fuse you pulled. Remember it gives less than 12 volts so the led May have a slight flicker to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman

Latest posts