Drivers mirror doesn't fold as far in as passenger mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just noticed that my driver's side mirror doesn't fold as far in as the passenger's side mirror does. The passenger side folds in perpendicular to the glass, while the driver side is about 10-20* out. I manually folded the mirror in and that's as far as it would go, seemed to be hitting a stop.

Is this normal? Anyone else's like this?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s the 08 Denali folded mirrors...

D/S

913cb2c7278483ca53212fb20aaa7650.jpg

P/S

bed3974189b073dd249aa49cfd1f6193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The entire p/s assembly was just replaced w/ a new oem and painted. It started to act wonky and only go in as much as d/s after someone walked into it and forced it forward. It eventually died.

Fortunately someone else’s insurance paid for the replacement mirror, glass, window glass, new door paint, door guards and emblems before I tried to repair it.

Fortunately traffic law in some states reason if you park against a curb, it’s red, in the flow of traffic and creates a hazard; any oncoming that can’t avoid you when parked (like an idiot), is not at fault.

The parked car also has to admit neglect and not put on hazard lights to show they’re worthy of having the usual “you hit my parked car, it’s your fault” rule thrown out like ...

“I was late to work and had to drop her off in the red curb zone (where two lanes go into one) or I’d have to wait in traffic w/ all the other parents. If I would of put my blinkers on, I could have confused people who thought I was going to park (at the red curb). That would of been really dangerous because I was dropping off my daughter at school”.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my driver's side mirror doesn't fold as far in as the passenger's side mirror does. The passenger side folds in perpendicular to the glass, while the driver side is about 10-20* out. I manually folded the mirror in and that's as far as it would go, seemed to be hitting a stop.

Is this normal? Anyone else's like this?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

My Tahoe is like that too. I replaced almost every moving part in the mirror to try and correct it, and nothing worked. I think that may be how some of them are. Still functions fine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 12 does the same thing drivers side doesn't go in as far as the passenger side, doesn't seem to be enough of a issue to mess with unless it stops working.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 12 does the same thing drivers side doesn't go in as far as the passenger side, doesn't seem to be enough of a issue to mess with unless it stops working.

Same here!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I've noticed this as well. When folded in my passenger side mirror will actually touch my Wade brand in channel vent visors (rain deflectors) while the driver's side does not.

Thought it was just mine but evidently I am in good company... lol

Sean James

Reaction score
Mine only turn in above 92 mph. When I stop I have to push the drivers side back out, I have my girlfriend or my wife, depending who is with me, turn the passenger mirror back out. That's if I can get the passenger side window to roll down.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto but my passenger now folds in but not out. Wife had to push it out. I hear the gears and motor running but she won’t budge interesting that it will only fold out if mirror motor is running. Won’t budge otherwise. Ugh time to get into that now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons