Drivers door appears to lock but doesn't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello to all,
My 2008 Yukon SLT seems to have a problem with the drivers door not locking. The lock moves up and down and the key fob works but if I lock it, I can pull on the outside handle and it opens right up. I found this out by accident. does it sense the key fob or do I have an underlying problem.
Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Like Wade said, sure does sound like the actuator. Need to pull the inner panel and lookey loo.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH. Lots of knowledgeable folks on this Forum who will offer their suggestions and perspectives.

As stated above, I recommend that your next step is to remove the door panel, and 'see' what is happening, when you try to lock the door. The source of the issue should be obvious, once you have the opportunity to see it in action.

OP
OP
Jeffrey Howell
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will pull the panel this weekend and see what happens. The actuator moves the lock up and down but it just didn't seem like it was far enough to engage the lock. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs