Driver Side Lumbar Support Replacement Writeup - 2007 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump to see if we can load the photos again :) . I'm working the same issue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Aerocoupe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sold my Escalade and deleted the photos on photobucket as a result of that to make room on there. I will see if I have them at the house and load them back up but I think I may have deleted them there as well when I deleted that folder.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Going to try and tackle this soon (tomorrow). Thanks :)

OP
OP
A

Aerocoupe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No dice fellas. Evidently all the pictures were in the file for the Escalade on my PC and when I deleted it they went with it.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. Your descriptions helped immensely. That seat cover and the clips were a pain in the rear. Got er done!

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're still considering swapping... Yesterday I successfully swapped the driver and passenger side lumbars. There is a difference between the two- I found this info on another forum:

"My drivers side was different from the passenger side in that it had limit switches on the gear covers which were plastic. The passenger side has metal covers. I swapped covers from side to side and also swapped the central metal dowel out from side to side. The plastic cover has a longer dowel pin in center. Other than that the two sides are identical. Once you swap the plastic covers and dowel pins you are ready to reinstall the mechanism. Not sure why the passenger side doesn't have limit switches like the drivers seat. If the limit switches are there to prevent the gears from breaking--they don't work."

That said, I did not swap the gear covers on mine, and everything works fine. The limit switches, as the guy put it, seem to do nothing at all. There were two additional electrical connections for these on the drivers side, so I just taped them up and tucked them away. I tested all functions of both seats and everything is good. Took about an hour altogether with just a flathead screwdriver and needle noses to release the clips.

Many thanks to @Aerocoupe for the terrific writeup.

Reviving old thread. Saturday I did exactly that - swapped passenger side support to the driver side.
No dice. Because pass side does not have extra 2 plugs on motors, it refused to work on the driver side. Keep that in mind before tearing seats apart.