04 Yukon XL Lumbar support repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpaceBaller01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to see how I could fix the power lumbar support in my '04 Yukon XL, the seat has been stuck a certain way since I bought the truck and it's starting to screw with my back :(, so yep it's time. As of now the only way I MIGHT be able to adjust it is if I repeatedly tap the button (It clicks repeatedly when you press the adjustment like an internal gear might be stuck regardless of direction). I haven't seen too much about new parts for these, so I'm wondering if I could feasibly fix it or am I in new seat territory at this point?

Also while I'm digging into this I need to replace the heating pad and cover/cushion (and back foam as well).

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few options for you:

1) Easiest: Take a look at the adjustment switch. It might just need to be cleaned (i.e. it isn't making good contact)
2) Buy a used seat -- swap them out.
3) Take apart the assembly for power lumbar, clean, and replace worn parts.

Meathead16

Reaction score
I'd take a look at the switch again. My button has managed to twist on it's axis yet it's like the switch contacts moved the opposite direction but not as much. It's always like solving a puzzle to adjust either lumbar support. I can press the same spot on the switch and sometimes it'll do the same thing, sometimes something different, no rhyme or reason to it. This happened in my Avy and Esky so I'm thinking it's common, that or these switches really hate me lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo