Driver seat loose??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
I'm in a '16 Escalade and have the same issue. I also weigh 180 so I don't think it's a weight issue. I don't feel like it's not locked in or off tracks or anything like that, it's just an annoying little click I can feel when taking a fairly sharp turn. Thought at first something was rolling around under my seat, but nothing there. Then thought maybe a loos bolt, or off track or something, no dice. Have adjusted the seat multiple times and problem persists. I just chalked it up to a weird little gremlin, but in to see if anyone has a solution.

So you’re telling me the dealership couldn’t wouldn’t do anything about it??

Hooverdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2017 Yukon XL with the heated leather seats. It seems more pronouned with a sharp left turn. I swear that I can even hear it but no one else can. I have also checked everything and was planning on pulling the seat out but now that I know it isn't just my seat, I guess I will learn to live with it.

nahfwt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my 2016 YukonXL. It will go away for a little while right after I adjust the seat but will always return. Mine is a clicking and slight movement when I turn. I suspect it it slack in the adjustment mechanism.

scottbrew92

Reaction score
There is a fix for this that includes some hose clamps to fix the problem. Had to do it to my 2015…it is on the forum somewhere.

Tahoeboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in a '16 Escalade and have the same issue. I also weigh 180 so I don't think it's a weight issue. I don't feel like it's not locked in or off tracks or anything like that, it's just an annoying little click I can feel when taking a fairly sharp turn. Thought at first something was rolling around under my seat, but nothing there. Then thought maybe a loos bolt, or off track or something, no dice. Have adjusted the seat multiple times and problem persists. I just chalked it up to a weird little gremlin, but in to see if anyone has a solution.

Just so you are aware, there is a TSB for driver side seat shifts in the 16's. It requires the dealer to add a shim kit to the seat in order for it to be fixed. May want to check it out. Unfortunately I do not have the TSB number anymore but had to have it done to my 16 denali a while ago. Now I am in a 21 and feel the same thing.

Tahoeboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is with regards to the driver seat in my ‘21 Yukon Denali. Now I am unfortunately a hefty 300lb guy. For some odd reason only during breaking or taking turns I feel like my driver’s seat nudges/clicks/shimmies forward or to the side my weight shifts during turns. The truck barely has 500 miles on it. Is it normal because I’m heavy and I should accept this or should I register this with my dealer. I don’t have this issue with any of my other cars and neither have I had this issue in any of my previous GM trucks.
It is a little annoying and it won’t make me feel any better if the dealer tells me “lose weight” or the typical answer of “we couldn’t find anything”. I’ve tried pushing the seat around while I’m off it to see if any mounts were lose, but nothing, so I’m certain it’s because of my mass on the seat. What do you guys think?

Just so you are aware, the 2015' and 16's had a problem with this and the TSB required GM add a shim kit to the seat for driver movement. I do not have the Tsb number anymore but may be related to the 21's. I do not think the seat mechanisms have changed that much. My 21 seems like it may be doing it also, but I am still monitoring the issue to be sure its there before I take it into the dealer. My 16 was annoying to drive with it and I informed the dealer that it was so much of a distraction that I felt I couldn't concentrate on my driving and may be a safety issue. Dealer found the TSB right away and added the shim kit. Let me know what the dealer does for you if you could. I thought it was my imagination at first until I read your post.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
@Tahoeboss Thank you very much. Will keep the same in mind. I too am kind of observing it further to be sure about the issue before I go to my dealership guns blazing.

Reaction score
Just so you are aware, there is a TSB for driver side seat shifts in the 16's. It requires the dealer to add a shim kit to the seat in order for it to be fixed. May want to check it out. Unfortunately I do not have the TSB number anymore but had to have it done to my 16 denali a while ago. Now I am in a 21 and feel the same thing.

Thanks boss, was completely unaware of that. Will see if I can find that TSB and get to a dealer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne