Driver Bottom Leather Seat Cover and Pad Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom is super easy to remove on these. Shouldn’t take long at all

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure if you have leather--you get leather as the replacement, and not vinyl.
All my seats are vinyl (as he reluctantly admits, hanging his head in shame. Waking everyday knowing the other kids are pointing at his fake Tahoe and laughing at his seats...).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All my seats are vinyl (as he reluctantly admits, hanging his head in shame. Waking everyday knowing the other kids are pointing at his fake Tahoe and laughing at his seats...).
You have a PPV/SSV? I know the 2nd rows are vinyl--for the perps :893karatesmiley-thu

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a PPV/SSV? I know the 2nd rows are vinyl--for the perps :893karatesmiley-thu
SSV. Previous Park Ranger ride. Figure that back seat has seen a few animal convicts in its time. I like to think it's had a rogue raccoon back there with his paws behind his back in little cuffs, yelling, "YOU'RE NOT EVEN A ******* REAL COP!"

Makes me enjoy my Tahoe more when I think of moments like that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
SSV. Previous Park Ranger ride. Figure that back seat has seen a few animal convicts in its time. I like to think it's had a rogue raccoon back there with his paws behind his back in little cuffs, yelling, "YOU'RE NOT EVEN A ******* REAL COP!"

Makes me enjoy my Tahoe more when I think of moments like that.
Anything is possible.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Saw tons of NBS foam and leather covers a few years ago. Nows the time for my d/s black leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
Just reviewed the videos on You tube and see there is no way out of removing the seat to replace the Leather cover and seat foam on the drivers side. Very reasonable on ebay for a number of sellers. Pad, cover and socket and next weekend out it comes, in with the new!

View attachment 213875

View attachment 213873

Sorrry for not following up sooner. The seat pad and cover have been sitting waiting for me to get the time to do it. I’m set to do the replacement this weekend and will post pictures and a procedure afterwards.

Recently I replaced the driver seat foam and leather cover on my Cadillac DTS. It turned out very nice, it looks and feels new. Big difference in ride afterwords. The seat had to come out to do it.

I believe the Seat must also come out to replace the driver seat pad and cover on the Tahoe, but I will assess acccess to the inboard clips on my Z71 to see if it can be done right in vehicle.

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
Gotta post progress pics.

Just completed the Seat Pad and Cover today with great results. This is the second one of these I have done in the past month. I also did the driver seat in my DTS. This is way easier than the Cadillac, just by virtue of the wide open access and ease of removal and replacement of the seat.

Tools needed: Flat head screw driver, 7, 11 mm Sockets, a Vim Tools V620 GM Seat Track Socket 3/8 Drive (ebay - $8.95)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vim-Tools-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)

Step 1 - Dont Do this! (Pre-assembly of the Pad to the cover if you have heated seats) I preassembled and regretted it because its very difficult to remove the clips from the seat pad if you need to disassemble as I did. The Seat Shop on line Video showed the heated seats as being a blower type with Vent holes. I found out that it is in fact a heating element which needed to be put in place to the foam before assembling the pad. Live and learn, take the You Tube videos with a grain of salt.

1.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

This is the seat just removed from the Truck. The plastic Garbage bin top serves as an excellent portable workbench, just the right working height. You need a surface to rotate and flip the seat in order to replace the pad clips. Seat is heavy, use a pad or old blanket to cover the sill plate for removal and install. Lift off the plastic trim covering the fasteners holding the seat to the floor pan.

To remove the seat Use the Vim tool Socket for the 2 front Torx nuts and the 11 mm for the rear 2 Star bolts. Remove the little plastic panel (see above) use T50 Torx driver to remove the seat belt bolt.

Move the seat forward and remove the seat air bag connector and the Power connector. I removed the fuse for the air bags on my Caddy before removing the seat air bag connector , didnt do it on the Tahoe.

Lift the seat from the truck to the bench

Remove the seat controls panel shown above either before of after removing the seat from the truck. Very easy just a few spring clips and one 7 mm fastener at the front. Tricky to remove the 2 electrical connectors, but you want this panel off and not in the way.

IMG_2649.jpgIMG_2647.jpg IMG_2650.jpg

You get a lot of insight into the eating habits of the previous owner if you didnt get your truck new. M&M's, Oreo pieces, Granola, cookies, etc. Its your chance to clean it all out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645