Driver Bottom Leather Seat Cover and Pad Install

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Bill D, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bill D

Bill D Member

Name:
    Bill
    Just reviewed the videos on You tube and see there is no way out of removing the seat to replace the Leather cover and seat foam on the drivers side. Very reasonable on ebay for a number of sellers. Pad, cover and socket and next weekend out it comes, in with the new!

s-l1600.jpg

Foam.jpg

mikeyss likes this.
  2. Derick

Derick Full Access Member

Name:
    Derick
    Following....need this as well on my burb. 350 in parts alone, or I can take it to my trim shop and they will do it all for 350....no brainer. But if this ends up being decent quality, and by chance; cheaper.....then I'm in.

3. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    Just make sure if you have leather--you get leather as the replacement, and not vinyl. It's not very difficult to do, but a pita if you've never done it before.

4. Bill D

Bill D Member

Name:
    Bill
    The seller has great reviews and claim the covers are leather and Made in Texas. They look like factory. I did covers to put heated seats on my wifes 03 Avalanche and I know they can be a pain. These covers are the push to connect in place so they look much easier than the old hog ring attach style . Pulling the seat out in the PITA part, but the video walks through step by step.

Tonyrodz likes this.
  5. Bill D

Bill D Member

Name:
    Bill
    I actually think the 100$ extra to have someone else do it sounds like a good deal. You could gain back a Saturday afternoon to do something more fun! A little less than $250 in parts this way.

6. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    I never knew they had that push in/clip setup. I had to repair a seam in a seat and needed to take it 1/2 apart--cutting the hog rings and peeling it back. I replaced the hog rings with zip ties. Works just as good. Can't even tell.