Drain Plug for 4l60E transmission part number?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpaceBaller01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to change the fluid in my 04 Yukon XL (4l60E) (as part of a series of drain and fills). First draining I replaced the transmission fluid/ filter and gasket (was leaking). But was a royal PITA to do. I REALLY don't want to drop the pan again to do a follow up drain and fill. I couldn't remove the drain plug last time since it elected to strip itself to hell instead of coming off. So I'd like to get a new plug.

I've checked with the GMC dealership and they've confirmed that the part number is 24233099 for the drain plug, vin matched. I've put the new plug under the old one to compare (lip is slightly smaller than the original, so not 100%).

Was wondering if anyone could confirm whether should fit or not?

TIA

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220908-084613_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220908-084613_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 10

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, sorry man, I tend to be pretty vague at times. Yes this is the one I used to replace the stripped one. Had to weld a nut on it to remove it!

OP
OP
S

SpaceBaller01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh hey no problem! That helps quite a bit.
Interesting that's what you used. Have you tried an extractor socket by chance? That's what I was going to try out.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brought back bad memories. When I changed my trans fluid for the first time so many years back, the drain plug would not budge just like yours and I tried everything but ended stripping the hell out of it. I ended up replacing the pan with a deeper well pan. But being stubborn, I drilled out that SOB on my bench and replaced the plug with the suggested part listed in this thread. I still have that original pan.

OP
OP
S

SpaceBaller01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I've decided the hell with this, I'm just getting a new pan on there. I'm going to see if I can find a tap plug I can put on it. to make it easier from now on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442