Need help sealing Transfer Case to Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My memory isn't the greatest but I think this area is supposed to be dry and only becomes fluid filled when one or the other seal fails. Precision Transmission's youtube videos talk about this relationship as does the shop manual.
Yeah I've watched a lot of videos lately. Like that guy Richard. Is he ill or retired now? How about a photo of that page from your manual buddy?

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richard is around. He was off for surgery and a vacation but he's back to work.

View attachment 349825

No difference between tail adapters, same o-ring and seal.
Hey Thanks! Glad to hear he's okay. He's a good ol boy. And I like pictures. Kinda what I expected though. Poor design in my mind. I believe they put a seal in with a snap ring on the 6L80E?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the write up is old enough, maybe Dexron VI was not out yet. I used Dexron VI and it covers all the preceded it.

Yes Sir, I found this (attached) so it was correct I guess. For a time, you could use IV. I saw it as a typo for VI. Which is backwards compatible.

Dexron IV was an upgraded version of Dexron III, which was used by GM only briefly. ... It is also the specified ATF in certain non-GM models that use GM transmissions, such as BMW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645