Door Locks flashed too stay unlocked , but making Noise. EDIT: FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Edit: FIXED

So my 2001 LT Tahoe 5.3L the previous owner was a gm tech he did a supposed mod that allows the door locks too remain unlocked while driving and shifting from PND . Now periodically I get the actuators making noises like they're moving lock /unlock lock/unlock . But the physical lock buttons aren't moving and everything stays in the unlocked position as this flash program is supposed too do.
Something is weird ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aaron81

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already had a link too the door lock sequence programing. I tried that too put the locks back too stock or to be locked while in drive and in park. And the sequencing steps work the locks actuate on off when I release the turn signal lever ... but the final programming seems to do nothing when I press lock /unlock /unlock and then the key forward. After I start and put in drive My doors are still unlocked always wether key on running drive or parked .

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they physically capable of locking? Specifically, is all the hardware there for that?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might need to reflash the (standard) calibration for the BCM and the driver's door switch module. SWAG

OP
OP
Aaron81

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It wasn't any issue at all come too find . I had too actually get into second gear for the locks too switch and show the change as apose to just shifting into Drive from a standstill. It didn't state that in the procedure or the one and only YouTube vid that shows this process.
All good.

OP
OP
Aaron81

Aaron81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
EDIT: FIXED

Must drive and shift into second gear too notice any change .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostknight