Power door locks unlock but only driver will lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing. When I say I took apart that Fuse Block, that's not all I took apart. I completely disassembled the dash, ALL the junction blocks. Not just one connector... The ENTIRE dash, all the connectors, and all the harnesses haha

I've nearly disassembled this entire truck and put it back together. The only spots I've not tore down and rebuilt are, the front diff carrier, the engine, transmission, and transfer case. I've not taken the front fenders off, and the body has not been lifted off the frame. I have yet to rebuild the gas tank too.

Otherwise, I've even tore down the radio and rebuilt it, HVAC control switches, instrument cluster (built one with trans temp from several other clusters). It's a bit of an obsession.

So I literally suspected could have been anything.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only spots I've not tore down and rebuilt are, the front diff carrier, the engine, transmission, and transfer case. I've not taken the front fenders off, and the body has not been lifted off the frame. I have yet to rebuild the gas tank too.

So this activity is yet to come? Subscribed....

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plans to build a 4L65e, rebuild the tx case and motor. Need to finish up a few details in the interior though. I have posts on some of the other work, mainly things I needed help troubleshooting.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I quick disconnected the driver lock switch. The system performed the same. I thought this might have a master switch but doesn't look like it does?

I'm looking at the schematics everything is grounded through the post on the A-Pillar / Driver side SP203... I'm still trying to visualize how the reverse current works with the relays. That said, I tested all the relays and they seem to work fine (there's 3 of them).
glad you got it figured out but just so you have the information. disconnecting the drivers door master switches will probably cause the same problem you were already having. best part about automotive electrical prints is it doesn't always specify that part of the wiring is actually internal to another device. a faulty drivers door master switch can cause the other doors to stop functioning in various ways. however trying to offer whatever advice i had i learned something myself. wasn't aware there was a dummy relay jumper.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you got it figured out but just so you have the information. disconnecting the drivers door master switches will probably cause the same problem you were already having. best part about automotive electrical prints is it doesn't always specify that part of the wiring is actually internal to another device. a faulty drivers door master switch can cause the other doors to stop functioning in various ways. however trying to offer whatever advice i had i learned something myself. wasn't aware there was a dummy relay jumper.
That is what I had thought. I was suprised it didn't behave differently when I disconnected it. I know the newer switches are networked with a cimputer BCM? to run all the accessories. But other older cars didnt work either when I disconnected my driver side lock. I know this truck, the windows dont work if I disconnect the driver side window switches.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

AG01YukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Post a picture on the location of this relay, having the same problem…. Mechanic may have pulled this relay when troubleshooting.

Thank you

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this activity is yet to come? Subscribed....
Actually logged in. I need to create a engine build video. I went WAY overkill for my engine, nearly $10,000 hand built by me 6.0L. People keep asking me what I built so I need to write it down / make a video cause I forget haha

Post a picture on the location of this relay, having the same problem…. Mechanic may have pulled this relay when troubleshooting.

Thank you

I'll do next best thing... Open Driver's door. Look at end of dash which is next to door. There's a panel there, pull it off (it has clip tabs), this reveals a fuse block / electrical panel for the dash and interior. Back side of the door you pulled off is the legend where all the fuses are. There's a lock, and an unlock relay. When I pull those and put them back in, it fixes my door lock issue for a short while.

Genius about the switch! My lock issues returned! I never suspected the driver switch. I have an aftermarket POS doorman or whatever generic switch. The illumination burnt out on my factory one so I had bought a new one. I bechya that's it! I still have the factory switch somewhere. I need to plug it in and see if that eliminates the problem.