Door lock actuator failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Togo08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Auto locks

They do, but the reason car manufactures went to the auto lock when moving was for safety, and I think GM should fix them as a safety related item. No different than a seat belt or air bag failure, IMHO.
Bob

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the seatbelts and airbags are a federal requirement, auto locks I'm not sure are?

But I understand your point.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers side passenger is starting to make weird noise (2011 Burb Z71 with 19k on the clock) when it locks. Almost a squeaking noise like rubber rubbing together.

I wonder if it's about to fail?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
njracer,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue where your hearing a noise coming from your vehicle's door. Private message if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers side passenger is starting to make weird noise (2011 Burb Z71 with 19k on the clock) when it locks. Almost a squeaking noise like rubber rubbing together.

I wonder if it's about to fail?

Yes, but unless you're under the 3 year mark, Jennifer and GM won't help you for free. The Gruven solution is pretty much a permanent repair. The GM part is not.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but unless you're under the 3 year mark, Jennifer and GM won't help you for free. The Gruven solution is pretty much a permanent repair. The GM part is not.

The Burb turns 2 in Oct so I'm good...plus I have the extended warranty.

FWIW, the noise is no longer there.:confused:

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good thing. They want big dollars to put the same crappy parts back in when they fail. As cheesy as the stock part is, it's amazing they last as long as they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879