Door hard to close after new aftermarket weatherstrips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gearz

Gearz

Reaction score
I spoke to the seller and they said the vent holes should be there so there sending me a new set.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure it is correctly installed, it is possible to install them the wrong way and this happens. I have been there, done that fwiw.

OP
OP
Gearz

Gearz

Reaction score
That's great. My rear doors sound like metal on metal because the seals are so old. Hence the new seals. 85K for a new high country is out of my league, even used for something nice is still 60K and up. I'll just wait and keep my old girl running for now. LOL

OP
OP
Gearz

Gearz

Reaction score
Look closely at the bottom of the picture,they are about a foot or so apart and they go all around the seal. Without the vent holes the air gets trapped in the seal and has no where to go Causing a door thats very very hard to close. Not all vehicles have them but because the door opening is so large they are required.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.png
    IMG_0260.png
    510.1 KB · Views: 10

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closely at the bottom of the picture,they are about a foot or so apart and they go all around the seal. Without the vent holes the air gets trapped in the seal and has no where to go Causing a door thats very very hard to close. Not all vehicles have them but because the door opening is so large they are required.
Guess I just didn't notice. Didn't get to look at them too closely today as we were changing the auxiliary actuators between rain storms.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
So, the consensus is: Yes on vented door gaskets and they should have holes. Thanks for the follow up and follow through on whatcha found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20