Door handle peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And another....cut the shit out go my finger twice now... Anyone try an aftermarket one? Replaces the whole color matched piece and chrome handle. amega9y6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jwilson32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm curious if anyone has actually received new door handles per the TSB? I have been speaking with GM customer care now for over a month, and still getting the run around. The last email I received today stated that due to the age and mileage and since I didn't purchase the vehicle new, they couldn't assist me. If that's the case, why wasn't I told that from the beginning? The TSB I have states that if the Tahoe has less than 100K miles and is less than 10 years old, it is eligible. Mine is a 2007 with 66K miles. I'm not a mathematician, but......

I really thought GM would treat potential customers better than this. There are way too many other great vehicles out there that are equal to or better than GM. Customer service is what separates the competition nowadays and you can bet I will never, ever purchase a GM product again. What a horrible way to promote their product. No wonder they had their hand out for a bail out. Absolutely pathetic!

aktpd7315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+7 09 Tahoe with mileage under 70k and the dealer giving me the run around

barmstrong447

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Note: There's a 100,000 mile max on the TSB

I wasn't told by the GM rep even after I sent her the year, model and mileage. Back and forth - she was going to escalate it so a dealer would contact me for the replacement. I even told her what dealer, but she didn't call them first so I didn't get a response until I emailed her again - then got a call from the other GMC dealer here and was told there was a 100,000 mile limit.

What a waste of time.
If anyone buys one of these vehicles used, be sure you're given a first aid kit.

So I'm curious if anyone has actually received new door handles per the TSB? I have been speaking with GM customer care now for over a month, and still getting the run around. The last email I received today stated that due to the age and mileage and since I didn't purchase the vehicle new, they couldn't assist me. If that's the case, why wasn't I told that from the beginning? The TSB I have states that if the Tahoe has less than 100K miles and is less than 10 years old, it is eligible. Mine is a 2007 with 66K miles. I'm not a mathematician, but......

I really thought GM would treat potential customers better than this. There are way too many other great vehicles out there that are equal to or better than GM. Customer service is what separates the competition nowadays and you can bet I will never, ever purchase a GM product again. What a horrible way to promote their product. No wonder they had their hand out for a bail out. Absolutely pathetic!

Blackmamba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exterior.

I had my exterior handle peeling, but the inside of it. I sanded it down with 1000 grit then used some duplicolor paint from autozone. Worked great and I was able to catch it before it reached the outside of the handle.

navi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wouldn't ya know I find this after I passed the 100k mark.... oh well cant be too bad to swap out myself. Guess I can do it at the same time I replace the broken exterior handles :(

Wrath1517

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 106k on my pampered Tahoe and have experienced all the known issues these vehicles are known for...peeling handle, evap canister PO449 code, dash cracks, etc. Not sure if I'd jump and buy this product again.
What's a real shame is the other makes I've owned that I literally beat on, which cost alot less held up pass well 160k without an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz