Door applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution for broken door applique on both sides? It’s the black glossy panel to the rear of the front windows. I’m told it’s a common design flaw...
Looks like the retaining clips are broken and the whole panel might break off at 60+ mph...

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution for broken door applique on both sides? It’s the black glossy panel to the rear of the front windows. I’m told it’s a common design flaw...
Looks like the retaining clips are broken and the whole panel might break off at 60+ mph...

I think some people use double sided tape. Like the 3M stuff that holds your trim pieces on.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned I used about a 2" x 2" square piece of heavy duty 3M outdoor double sided tape. It'll hold it down, only problem is due to the thickness of that 3M double sided tape it will now stick out slightly, maybe 1/16".

However, I will say now that we have hit summer and seeing temps up in the 90's the tape must have lost it's adhesion because it's popped off again.

I bought new replacements and complete replace here soon, my understanding is they did redesign the rivet/attachment piece that has been previously failing.

Driver Side Door Applique GM Part #84263144
Passenger Side Door Applique GM Part #84263145

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned I used about a 2" x 2" square piece of heavy duty 3M outdoor double sided tape. It'll hold it down, only problem is due to the thickness of that 3M double sided tape it will now stick out slightly, maybe 1/16".

However, I will say now that we have hit summer and seeing temps up in the 90's the tape must have lost it's adhesion because it's popped off again.

I bought new replacements and complete replace here soon, my understanding is they did redesign the rivet/attachment piece that has been previously failing.

Driver Side Door Applique GM Part #84263144
Passenger Side Door Applique GM Part #84263145
Ah good, then it will match the top of my drivers door that sticks out a 16th....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz