Dont crank when hot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kun333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"I have not confirmed trouble codes U1000, U1096, B2961 and U1255" What does this mean? You are getting these codes OR you havent confirmed yet that you ARE NOT getting these codes?
This codes are in memory, but not realize check lamp. Its mean they are episidically.

OP
OP
K

Kun333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Checked yellow and green wires from bcm to pcm - it's okay.
Can problem be in crankshaft sensor or something whitch can become hot and say "not now"? Because problem is only when engine normal hot. PCM?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad crank position or cam sensor could cause no start, but would not prevent the engine from turning over.

To be clear...

Are you experiencing:

No Crank/No Start after warm-up?
(No starter action, engine does not turn over, does not fire up or run)

-or-

Crank/No Start after warm-up?
(Starter works, engine turns over, but and engine does not fire up or run)

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad crank position or cam sensor could cause no start, but would not prevent the engine from turning over.

To be clear...

Are you experiencing:

No Crank/No Start after warm-up?
(No starter action, engine does not turn over, does not fire up or run)

-or-

Crank/No Start after warm-up?
(Starter works, engine turns over, but and engine does not fire up or run)
And also to confirm with the above......

Does engine only fail to start or turn over (whichever symtpom(s) you are having, does this only happen once engine is shutoff or is the engine dying on its own and fail to start or turnover?

"Turns over" Means engine is being spun by the starter. (starter is working correctly)
Fails to fire Means engine turns over but does not start (no spark and/or fuel problem)
Fails to turn over Means engine is not being spun by the starter (so there is starter or starter circuit wiring problem)

OP
OP
K

Kun333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took the pcm from nest, and placed it near fuse box. When its cold - its okay, when its hot - its not okay. Take a ride, open hood, sthrow it on fender, 3 min and we ready to go again!)

Friend says i'm need a new PCM with the arabic proramm, to disable pk3!)

Attachments

• IMG_20220715_202614.jpg
    IMG_20220715_202614.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 3

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sure would be good to get info back about cables inspection and is it a crank and no start or no crank problem at all times the problem occurs, or did I miss the answers?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Which is exactly why I have at least 1 if not 2, of each relay in that box that I carry with me. Never needed yet but is cheap enough to get and keep in case.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the pcm from nest, and placed it near fuse box. When its cold - its okay, when its hot - its not okay. Take a ride, open hood, sthrow it on fender, 3 min and we ready to go again!)

Friend says i'm need a new PCM with the arabic proramm, to disable pk3!)
That sounds like your output transistor in your PCM is electrically opening up when it gets hot. Not very common but not impossible., Ive seen a transistor open when hot and even short when hot then "heal" itself when cooled down. Usually they eventually fail totally open or shorted in due time though. I would grab a PCM off ebay or car-part.com that matches your PCM part# and swap out and see if problem goes away. This problem if in the PCM will be hard to prove without knowing what all permissions are needed to get that output transistor to give a ground to the start relay and be able to monitor them all to see if they are there.

OP
OP
K

Kun333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sounds like your output transistor in your PCM is electrically opening up when it gets hot. Not very common but not impossible., Ive seen a transistor open when hot and even short when hot then "heal" itself when cooled down. Usually they eventually fail totally open or shorted in due time though. I would grab a PCM off ebay or car-part.com that matches your PCM part# and swap out and see if problem goes away. This problem if in the PCM will be hard to prove without knowing what all permissions are needed to get that output transistor to give a ground to the start relay and be able to monitor them all to see if they are there.
Yes, I came to the same conclusion. It is difficult to understand which of the transistors is open the output. Its 6 pcs in board. And I can't find "ior336a" in local stores.
It can also be a track inside the board.
I'll buy another PCM one of these days and take a look.
Maybe wherever there are any explanations about of the PCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick