Dome light not turning on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notspartacus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Tahoe and the front passenger door doesn't activate the dome lights when opening the door. All the other doors activate the dome lights properly, anyone know what this issue is? Is it an electric/wiring issue?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try driving down the road about 5-10mph and open your drivers door and see if the door ajar warning comes on, if not then it's the sensor built in the door lock

OP
OP
N

notspartacus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try driving down the road about 5-10mph and open your drivers door and see if the door ajar warning comes on, if not then it's the sensor built in the door lock
Tested driving down my alley with driver side and then passenger side door open and both times the warning showed up on the dashboard.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, well I guess that eliminates the door switch being bad, have you tried fiddling with the light settings in the DIC? this problem has come up in the past with other people and I am thinking others may have replaced the dome light switch. I could be wrong but it would seem to be the next logical thing to check.
it's literally $3.00 and some change on rockauto might be worth a shot just to see, unless you have a tech2 to start testing with.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...trical-switch+&+relay,dome+light+switch,48018

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157