Dome light function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trilla_one

Reaction score
I want only the rear dome lights to turn on when a door is opened, not the front lights. Pretty much every other car I've owned allowed this (door/on/off) function right next to the light. All I see with the Tahoe are the two on/off buttons for driver and passenger lights and then the dome light button next to the headlight switch. If this is possible please let me know.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not so good at reading these GM wiring diagrams, but looks to me like you can disconnect orange wire (A)?
Map lights should still work..

---------------- CORRECTION EDIT ------------------
Green-Yellow wire (B). the diagram shows the front dome switches switched on, I believe it is the GREEN-YELLOW that is controlled by BCM..

Attachments

• domefix.jpg
    domefix.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
Trilla_one

Trilla_one

Reaction score
I'm not so good at reading these GM wiring diagrams, but looks to me like you can disconnect orange wire (A)?
Map lights should still work..
Thanks but it may as well be in Chinese lol

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug your front dome light and disconnect the green-yellow color wire.

If you do this, nothing will turn on the front dome light, except for the buttons on the light.

If no understand, I no can help.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually.. I believe it is the GREEN-YELLOW wire..
Orange is power for switch controls

So try the Green-yellow..
The diagrams threw me showing the switches flipped on instead of off. (while all other dome lights are shown switched off)

Also, if you do unplug the wire, please make sure to tape up the end so it does not short!

Last edited:

Meathead16

Reaction score
GM loves their dome lights on their vehicles to be proud and shining bright! My Pontiac has no means of turning off the map lights in the rear view mirror and drove me nuts. Living in the ghetto, last thing you want is your car and its contents all lit up every time you shut your car off. I just took that there wire Mike is referring to, installed a simple toggle switch, drilled a hole near the light assemblies and boom, complete interior lighting control. You never know when you might need that light, options are always nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts