Does this generation NOT have a fuel filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was just online looking up some scheduled maintenance parts and can't find an "exect fit" fuel filter for my 2012. Do these not have one? My 2001 does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its pretty annoying and the terrible idea that it is is shared through multiple brands. my 99 ram i used to have was somewhere in the tank aswell.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It used to be that the only filter in the tank was a strainer "sock" at the pickup tube and then of course the fuel was then filtered with the inline filter.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It used to be that the only filter in the tank was a strainer "sock" at the pickup tube and then of course the fuel was then filtered with the inline filter.
It’s still just a sock in the tank but the inline filter was done away with. Fuel pressure regulator also used to be on the fuel rail and easily replaceable but it’s now also part of the pump assembly.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
It’s still just a sock in the tank but the inline filter was done away with. Fuel pressure regulator also used to be on the fuel rail and easily replaceable but it’s now also part of the pump assembly.
So, really no filter... Lol

I'm familiar with those socks that mount on the end if the pump. All the pumps I've ever replaced in any of my vehicles had them.

I wonder why they did away with an inline filter. Maybe the same reasoning why they did away with the cabin air filter.

Hell, my riding mower even has a fuel filter, but I guess not having one hasn't caused too many problems, many of these trucks with 200k-300k miles on them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

karel k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi - I have a 2007 5.3 Tahoe , based in the UK (so not much local knowledge, the workshops here know about Jaguars and Range Rovers.......) , I am told also the filter is in the pump. I have 150K miles on it and wanted to have the filter changed.
would you say this configuration does not need filter changes, or is the complete pump replaced ? or can you just replace the "cardboard" part as you do with the air filters ?

thanks for any help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT