Do you have a cabin air filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1yesfan

Reaction score
I have the orig window sticker for my 01 Silverado. Didn't know I had a cabin filter. I opened mine up, wow they were dirty as hell. Looked like mud.
I have to wonder if the trucks that did not get them still have the set up to put them in. It is a easy job. I can't think they would make two diff hvac systems for filter or non filter trucks.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have the orig window sticker for my 01 Silverado. Didn't know I had a cabin filter. I opened mine up, wow they were dirty as hell. Looked like mud.
I have to wonder if the trucks that did not get them still have the set up to put them in. It is a easy job. I can't think they would make two diff hvac systems for filter or non filter trucks.

Yes. Dorman makes a kit to add it. You need to cut the door out in the truck. The kit comes with the filter, cover, and screw.

#259-200 (standard filter)
#259-201 (carbon filter)

OP
OP

1yesfan

Reaction score
Cut the door? So if one did not come with the filters the place where one optioned for filters that opening is not there?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Cut the door? So if one did not come with the filters the place where one optioned for filters that opening is not there?

Correct. The line in the plastic is there, you just need to cut it out. That's why the kit comes with the door.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, added it to mine (2005 Tahoe). Bit of a pain to cut out because of the location, but as HiHoeSilver says, there is a score in the plastic indicating where to cut. Just need a little patience, and being a contortionist helps ;)

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Funny how you could never imagine operating your home HVAC without a filter and how nasty it would get. How did car owners ever get so complacent having decades of funk blowing into the car? I've got one in all four of my cars now. Only the Audi came with one from the factory as a pollen filter ... HA! Pollen!

Charles Tindall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the location behind the glovebox, or above passengers feet, like some Silverado’s? I just got a 2013 & going to clean the entire system out. I live in the humid Dirty South & I know it needs some cleaning.