Do you ever use the driving modes on your Yukon?....Sport, Off-Road..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, the driving modes adjust the transmission shifting points based upon the activity. For example , in sport mode it shifts at higher RPM. Normal will shift at lower RPMs to conserve fuel. I wasn’t aware it shifted ride height unless you are equipped with air suspension and then maybe it adjust that as well.
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used sport mode once or twice just to see what it was about. In most vehicles this usually tightens the suspension, changes shift points (as mentioned above) and tightens the power steering. Any idea if this is true for the Yukon (besides the shift point changes)? Seat of the pants made me feel the suspension was tighter in sport but not sure if that's true. I use tow haul when towing of course and it makes a huge difference, however, sometimes it just hangs in low gear for way longer than my liking so I have to manually intervene to get it to shift into a higher gear to help with mileage.
I've tried sport mode several times and each time I'm left disappointed ('22 Z71 with a 6.2L). Not much of a gain anywhere to be felt. Trans shift points do change, but that's about it. I'll play around with it this week a bit and report back...

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sport mode is such a useless gimmick on these. There is no argument that will change my opinion that a 6k pound square brick is not sporty just because it has a powerful v8 and has decent acceleration

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sport mode is such a useless gimmick on these. There is no argument that will change my opinion that a 6k pound square brick is not sporty just because it has a powerful v8 and has decent acceleration
Agree completely. Maybe the Escalade-V will be able to pull something off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n