DJM Trailblazer 5 inch plus Drop springs Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just swapped out the DJM 5 inch tahoe springs for the DJM Trailblazer 4 inch drop springs (a little different spring rate) with the DJM Rear shocks and member matt14 here is very happy with them. Also they ride better than the belltech 3 inch trailblazer drop springs or the belltech 3-4 inch tahoe springs. I've also done the mcgaughys and they ride better. If you go on my trailblazer site you can see how people dont even like the mcgaughy or belltech springs for the regular trailblazers.

Ill let the member comment more about them but spring rate has been changed a little on these Trailblazer springs since the last one I did over 2 years ago. Drop right now is about 1/2 inch lower than the DJM 5 inch tahoe rear springs but ride is much better.

These springs run $195 shipped and if your looking for a 5-5.5 inch drop lower than stock these are the way to go and a better ride then any other 4-5 inch rear drop spring ive installed on a tahoe and I've installed it all djm/belltech/mcgaughys and these things ride great.

PS- Mike at DJM gave me the exclusive deal on the springs to sell by themselves :)

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
same spring rate as a belltech 4"?
I swapped my DJM for the Belltechs and dropped a half inch right away with no settling

has he tried the belltechs before in order to compare?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
belltech has the 3-4 inch adjustable spring the djm trailblazer spring sits lower and rides better. Ive been doing this swap since the trailblazer springs came out in 01 and its a much better ride but no one local has wanted to go that low for the past 2 years so trying to get a members view on it here and i installed it for him.

str8 up the djm traiilblazer springs ride better than the djm 5 inch tahoe springs or the belltech 3-4 inch tahoe springs (sits lower also) and ive isntalled the mcgaughys 5 inch like 4 years ago on a customers truck and put in the trailblazer spring and truck sat 2 inches lower. mcgaughys 5 inch drop spring sits 1-1.25 higher than the djm 5 inch tahoe drop spring.

if you guys want to go low in rear get the trailblazer rear drop set up (which I can only get due to my relationship with djm) and get the rear djm trailling arm kit/swaybar kit etc and you will be set to go.

Man since 99 ive done a lot of these tahoes cant belive 11 years later that there are still so many that want them 5 or more inches in rear......... to bad not many of them are by me.

ive installed the belltech 5305 but the djm trailblazer springs still sits lower and ride is better.

Last edited:

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So spindles will be needed in the front, along with keys to match up to the ~6'' drop in the back?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
he has the djm 3 inch front drop a arms and rear sits about dead even.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no problem he took pics. the trailblazer springs are abotu 3 inches taller than the djm. just waiting for matt14 to reply in here.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to shoot you down if thats the way it came off.. I'm always looking to get lower :D

if there is a coil that gets lower and rides better than my Belltechs I'm all for it, I went to the DJM's for a while and they sat higher and were too stiff for me

went back to the Belltechs and wondered why I swapped in the first place

can I request a picture of the spring installed in his yukon?

I want to see how compressed it is

and why would you recommend the trailing arm relocator?
what function does it serve besides the obvious, I'm curious because I know you need one once you get so low but I've never known why

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
suspension movement i allways go with the brackets. trailing arm brackets position with it dropped at 5 or more inches i dont like in the stock location especially when it all compresses. a

Ill let him upload the pics. I never take pics of the trucks I do most of my customers just put it in and are done. many of the kits i sell on here people never post them up. even on the other sites i sell kits on not many people post pics just but kits and last i hear from them.

He took pics of them on his yukon im sure he will post. Like i said i started doing these back years ago and never had a issue with using trailblazer springs on any tahoe/yukon that I did. This is nothing new to me using them but seems no one has done these springs from a trailblazer on your guys trucks till I said something which is surprising but new knowledge allways helps others out and im happy to share it.

To the many people that pmed me these springs will be avil. in about 2 weeks and will take about a week to two weeks to get them in your hands after you order them. Any other questions im free 24/7 to help and local installs im free anytime after 5pm m-f and sat and sunday from 6- whenever im open. I have a lot of guys that bring their trucks in due to working swing or graveyard thats no biggie either. If you guys work graveyard drop it off and when your off your shift the truck will be done.

btw stay tuned for the bolt in qa1 double adjustable set up for the 99-06 tahoes im finishing up. Will be poly bushings and a bolt in deal and yes double adjustable shock set up. I have a tahoe ive been working on did a nitrous kit on along with 4.10 gears built trans and a few other things. I like putting my suspension work to the test.

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
So the djm tb coils are a taller free height than the djm 5" tahoe springs? You think the djm tb coils are better than the kw coils? I'd love to figure out a way to get those height adjustable kw coilovers onto these trucks, I'm curious to see how these qa1 turn out :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645