DIY: Tahoe Rear Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest the 242 series Loctite. You don't need to heat it to remove a bolt or nut.
But you need to be sure the threads are clean and let it sit over night for good results.
Also follow torque settings not just give it a good yank on the wrench.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I can confirm that some calipers are different, other than the single or dual piston. My caliper pins do not come out of the caliper, at all. The bracket slides directly over the pins and I don't know how the hell it stays in place. I confirmed this on my old caliper and the new one I just replaced yesterday. I can't change the pads without removing the caliper bracket completely

Eagle01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nope...nothing I can do unfortunately :( Looks like they were caught up in the Photobucket catastrophe a year or two ago and OP most likely deleted them as a result so there's no recovering them.

unfortunately that is the case.
fortunately I did eventually manage to recover copies I think of most of them into my iCloud and will try to put them back in the thread, though as I’ve lost my original username and account and can’t recover it, I can’t edit them back in.
Maybe a mod can do so Once I find them.
sorry that photobucket decided to be scum and that left you folks in the lurch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3