DIY Alignment 07 Tahoe 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Don't be shy, please add your knowledge and wisdom.
But from my knowledge I always tie a string. Line running all the way around the vehicle to set the toe on the tie rods the camber I just eyeball the best I can until I get to the alignment shop
Last time I did the Tahoe he said it was spot on minus some adjustments in the uca the tie rods I had perfect with using nothing but my eyeballs and that string line on the wheel lol

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But from my knowledge I always tie a string. Line running all the way around the vehicle to set the toe on the tie rods the camber I just eyeball the best I can until I get to the alignment shop
Last time I did the Tahoe he said it was spot on minus some adjustments in the uca the tie rods I had perfect with using nothing but my eyeballs and that string line on the wheel lol
I think it is easier in your situation due to the wide track and lift. And larger tires. Appreciate you sharing.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it to work to use on the super flat floor. I used some folded up poly sheeting to drive the tires onto to act as an friction reducer which worked very well. As did the home made plates. I wound up being a 1/2" too much of toe in. 5 cranks on each side brought it spot on. Really neat to watch the measuring tapes move as you adjust the toe. Seemed very accurate movement. Very happy to have this home made tool added to my arsenal. Drives great now. I even used it to check the camber angles while I was at it. I used a 4' level to level the gauge with, then just held the gauge against the plate to get a reading. Worked very well. And the size of the plates gives you a much better visual comparing to the rest of the vehicle.

IMG_6701.JPG

IMG_6696.JPG
IMG_6697.JPG

IMG_6698.JPG

IMG_6699.JPG

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can even tell just by looking at those last 2 pics my driver's side camber is more positive +1.5* than the pass side which read dead on 0*. The large plates really bring out the visual.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Took it to work to use on the super flat floor. I used some folded up poly sheeting to drive the tires onto to act as a friction reducer which worked very well. As did the home made plates. I wound up being a 1/2" too much of toe in. 5 cranks on each side brought it spot on. Really neat to watch the measuring tapes move as you adjust the toe. Seemed very accurate movement. Very happy to have this home made tool added to my arsenal. Drives great now. I even used it to check the camber angles while I was at it. I used a 4' level to level the gauge with, then just held the gauge against the plate to get a reading. Worked very well. And the size of the plates gives you a much better visual comparing to the rest of the vehicle.

View attachment 426795

View attachment 426791
View attachment 426792

View attachment 426793

View attachment 426794
Way better then my job I’m over here 3 sheets in the wind stepping back some and holding my thumb up with one eye closed saying “it looks good from here” :drunk::Insane:I’m going to the rack tomorrow lll

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy @randeez

Ok fellas I made me some home made toe plates out of 7 ply laminated Russian birch some strong sh*t. Should hold it's straight profile.

View attachment 426787View attachment 426788View attachment 426789View attachment 426790

thats not the only hard wood in this thread

Way better then my job I’m over here 3 sheets in the wind stepping back some and holding my thumb up with one eye closed saying “it looks good from here” :drunk::Insane:I’m going to the rack tomorrow lll

"atleast this side isnt as fugged up as the other side..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts