Directv / KVH TracVision A7 Mobile Satellite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before anybody bashes me about how stupid it is to spend 3k on this thing....

Directv / KVH TracVision A7 Mobile Satellite

http://www.kvh.com/Leisure/Auto-Systems/Television/All-Television-Systems/TracVision-A7.aspx

Does anyone know anything about it? Looks awesome. That would be a great toddler time passer and really good for road trips. Couldn't tell you how many times I'd put the wife behind the wheel and kick back and watch football, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the A7? I've seen some used ones for in the $500 range.

It appears that you could buy the roof rack cross bars and just install the dish and receiver and be good to go. I would definitely paint the dish white to help conceal it some.

vp46

Reaction score
One more reason to have gone with black. ;)

(BTW and not that anyone should care but I didn't do white because it was too close to triple diamond..... my wife loved triple diamond or whatever and there was no way I was driving that!)

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually my sister has one for her two kids and it's pretty darn cool... It made one of the most enjoyable trips to Disney for them. And also you can get it painted it doesn't have to stay black. There's an Infiniti with a candy paint job running around I'll try to get a picture of it cause it's the same color as the car

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually my sister has one for her two kids and it's pretty darn cool... It made one of the most enjoyable trips to Disney for them. And also you can get it painted it doesn't have to stay black. There's an Infiniti with a candy paint job running around I'll try to get a picture of it cause it's the same color as the car

That's what I was wondering - someone who ACTUALLY HAS one and what they thought about it.

I agree on painting it to match - would blend in much better. Not for sure you'd notice it too much anyway as tall as our vehicles are.

Have you ever actually seen it? If so, does it pickup pretty good and actually perform like live TV should?

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like that you only pay $6 a month if you already have DirecTV. I wouldn't pay $3k but $500 i would def do it. Damn why did you have to put this in my head?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like that you only pay $6 a month if you already have DirecTV. I wouldn't pay $3k but $500 i would def do it. Damn why did you have to put this in my head?

10-4 on that. That was my favorite part as well.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shave you searched some RV forums for users? There are tons of campers that use systems like this.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir I have seen it. When we go to dinner just the adults me and my brother in law call the back! Lol... I really like the system and plan on it one day myself. You'll still be able to notice it on the roof for the fact that it sits on top of the cross bars. But painting it definitely helps.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir I have seen it. When we go to dinner just the adults me and my brother in law call the back! Lol... I really like the system and plan on it one day myself. You'll still be able to notice it on the roof for the fact that it sits on top of the cross bars. But painting it definitely helps.

Awesome - thanks. Going to try to find the best pricing on a new one and then go from there!

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Shave you searched some RV forums for users? There are tons of campers that use systems like this.

I have not but I will. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One