Dipped plastics on a Z?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 NBS Z71 Suburban. Under coated my hitch assy today because it looked like garbage from the flaking paint. Got me thinking about doing it to the grey lower plastics. My truck is the *pewter* color. Anyone have any pics of any Z's with the plastics blacked out? Thanks!!

DJ BigDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering how this looks as well. NAPA has a bumper trim spray paint that's halfway between undercoating and a thick sealing spray paint and they have a few colors available like white, black, and grey. Been thinking of doing my lowers in the white to make mine a full monochrome look. Hopefully someone has some pics we can check out.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it on a pewter one but have seen it one white and they did theirs black and it looked soooo much better. I would assume it would have the same effect on yours.

Yates_III

Reaction score
I sprayed all my trim plastic with MHT bumper coating. Its black with the "rough" anti-skid feel to it. I take it off road a lot so the take a beating. I even painted the step bars to match. Sorry for the picture size.

DSC_0007_zpsfeg29uxr.jpg 80d60e5b-78bd-4439-9e8b-ce51fb517ecd_zpsecroiuun.jpg DSC_0004_zpsjdvxejf8.jpg

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what brackets did you use for the light bar?

I sprayed all my trim plastic with MHT bumper coating. Its black with the "rough" anti-skid feel to it. I take it off road a lot so the take a beating. I even painted the step bars to match. Sorry for the picture size.

DSC_0007_zpsfeg29uxr.jpg 80d60e5b-78bd-4439-9e8b-ce51fb517ecd_zpsecroiuun.jpg DSC_0004_zpsjdvxejf8.jpg

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say go for it, before i switched my front bumper I bedlined my bumpers, and the plastics, It held up well, but was a ***** to get clean.
I have an 05 NBS Z71 Suburban. Under coated my hitch assy today because it looked like garbage from the flaking paint. Got me thinking about doing it to the grey lower plastics. My truck is the *pewter* color. Anyone have any pics of any Z's with the plastics blacked out? Thanks!!

OP
OP
Moose912

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Makes me think hard about it now lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM