Difference in NBS and NNBS coil spring/mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference? I want to purchase the Bilstein spring #199021 in order to bring the rear back up to stock height. But its only listed as 2000-2006. will this work on my NNBS 2008 yukon? also what is the blue rings on my stock coil springs that isnt on my aftermarket Moogs.

I have to get the ass end back up in the air. when I drive it I can only see about 100' behind the truck in the rearview. 37" all around at fender.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the setup in the rear is similar from the NBS to the NNBS, but I'd venture to guess that there are enough differences that the springs aren't interchangeable.

I'm not sure what your exact suspension setup is, but why not just order some OEM NNBS rear coils from the dealership, or try to find some takeoffs at a local 4x4 shop or craigslist? Then at least the fit will be guaranteed...and they last forever. I've yet to wear the ones on my burb out, and it's got 250k+ on it now. Is OEM too high, or do you not like the ride they provide?

Not sure about the blue rings...

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I noticed the rear of my wife's yukon was really soft and mushy, I got to reading and discovered it has the ZW7 suspension, that is supposed to have rear shocks that provide some lift.(nivomat). seeing as I cant afford nearly $1000 for shocks, I decided to change the springs and shock to regular setup.(I had read that the zw7 package came with soft springs, beacuase the NIVOMAT shocks were actually load bearing) I figured at 80k it was time to change some suspension components. I replaced the front sturts and and ordered some springs and shocks.Front was MONROE Quick Strut, rear was MOOG springs and rancho shocks. the rear of the truck is still a little mushy and still doesnt sit as high in the rear as i think it should, (the truck sits level). I want it to be racked forward again, so I dont have to duck down to see out the rear view mirror. The springs I bought from MOOG were the exact same length as the OEM springs I took out.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Yeah, length doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to spring rates and a spring's ability to support weight. Case in point, the Old Man Emu springs that I put on my land cruiser were shorter in length than the OEM springs by about 2", but actually lifted the rear by about 2". The OEM springs were long but really, really squishy and compressed a ton under the weight of the truck.

I bet if you were to throw some Z71 coils back there you'd gain the lift that you want and stiffen up the ride at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts