Diagnostic help needed - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the suggestion of Fless to clean the MAF and to confirm the cleanliness of the air filter; I i discovered an IMPRESSIVE size mouse/chipmunk nest in the airbox under the relatively new(less than 10 month) air filter.
I cleaned out the airbox, popped in a new air filter and spray-cleaned the MAF. I just got back from a 90+ MPH rip down the highway. I'm happy to report back that no CEL was tripped during the test ride.
Thank you to all who helped me figure out this annoying issue.

Tbruz
airbox.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per the suggestion of Fless to clean the MAF and to confirm the cleanliness of the air filter; I i discovered an IMPRESSIVE size mouse/chipmunk nest in the airbox under the relatively new(less than 10 month) air filter.
I cleaned out the airbox, popped in a new air filter and spray-cleaned the MAF. I just got back from a 90+ MPH rip down the highway. I'm happy to report back that no CEL was tripped during the test ride.
Thank you to all who helped me figure out this annoying issue.

Tbruz
View attachment 405491
interesting, time for some critter traps around the parking area

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing with a tractor. Put a piece of 1/4" hardware cloth over the intake. Lets air in, not critters.

But 80+ on a public highway is just not safe.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing with a tractor. Put a piece of 1/4" hardware cloth over the intake. Lets air in, not critters.

But 80+ on a public highway is just not safe.
here you might get ran off the road, big trucks are doing 70, many others are doing 85 even though the speed limit is less
I just drove thru idaho, utah, montana, nevada, speed limit there is 75-85 and no restrictions so those big trucks are hauling @ss

Last edited:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't exceeded 80 in probably 40 years and don't see any reason to ever do so again.
Me as a German i can tell you from own experience.

Matter does not disintegrate over 80mph.

Although i was driving a porsche 180mph when i was younger, when a bird crashed into my right headlight. That led to the disintegration of matter. :eek: But this is another story.

Only, when the driver is over 80 it comes to problems. :cool:

But back to the question. When did you last time change your fuel filter, if your truck has one. Not all gmt800 have one, as far as i know. As well the air filter can be clogged.

I would start at the simple stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia